10251 - Brick Bank

DadsAFOL

How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

Guest TabbyBoy

I think a poll to forecast EOL date and value 6 months later would be interesting. I'll start it off by guessing that the BB will sell for a maximum of £150 (RRP after fees) on eBay by the end of June 2019. It's not for me, but I do hope that you don't lose too much or even make enough to buy a Creator parrot polybag! ?

8 minutes ago, firstofminifigs said:

So which do I buy first, Brick Bank or Parisian Restaurant? We need a poll feature!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Brick Bank of course.  proverbial fatty lady has sung here folks - i don't mean retiring soon tags i mean raven99.  PR is an investment disaster for current stock holders.  not going anywhere.  i wouldn't buy one for personal or investing at this point as we are certain to see PR on sale next year for $109-120s.  BB is on the way out and will probably do better than FB, PS, PC but not as good as surprise TH retirement.  doubt it gets to 2x msrp in a year but would not be surprised if it hits $300 in a year.  certainly smoking PS and PC performance which isn't saying a helluva lot.

• Like 1

Brick Bank of course.  proverbial fatty lady has sung here folks - i don't mean retiring soon tags i mean raven99.  PR is an investment disaster for current stock holders.  not going anywhere.  i wouldn't buy one for personal or investing at this point as we are certain to see PR on sale next year for $109-120s.  BB is on the way out and will probably do better than FB, PS, PC but not as good as surprise TH retirement.  doubt it gets to 2x msrp in a year but would not be surprised if it hits $300 in a year.  certainly smoking PS and PC performance which isn't saying a helluva lot.
This is for personal build, I just like to get one each of the modulars before they retire.

• Like 1

I’ll bet you USD50 right now that it will NOT reach USD340 by 18NOV 2019. If you can PM me proof that it sold for at least that, I’ll send you USD50 via PayPal F&F. It’s no longer a worthwhile theme to invest in IMHO. As for reaching GBP260 (2x RRP) in the UK, not a chance, GBP175 will be pushing it. I’m not being pessimistic, I’m being realistic, this theme is no longer a sure thing.
If I’m right, you don’t owe me a penny as I’m that confident of it not reaching 2x RRP.... even after 3 years.
You’ll wish that you’d bought Women of NASA instead!
How would that work? You're leaving at the end of the year, right?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 7

1 hour ago, firstofminifigs said:

Well I went with Brick Bank with all 3 promos at a B&M despite two employees telling me the modulars ALWAYS retire in order and to get the PR. I put my faith in you guys and I will start following the PR thread starting now!

While it would be logical to think employees would be more informed, history has shown that's not often the case. They may see what sells more often in stores, but they don't necessarily know what's on its way out.

The modulars typically retire in order, or at least used to, but this has already been proven to not ALWAYS be the case. This helps prove the point the employees are not as reliable as some investors/collectors that live and breathe the statistics.

Call me financially irresponsible, but if it were a big concern which would go first, I would've bought both in separate transactions and double the promos. :P
However, if only one were in the budget, I believe you made the right choice.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Frankly I don't think much retires in order due to these examples:

Sydney Opera House been & gone during Tower Bridge's life. Air Race Jet before BWE and Porsche. Louvre before Eiffel Tower. F40 before VW T1.

I don't consider anything heading for EOL until TOOS (recalling excess from retailers) > OOS (subject to wishlist feedback) > Sold Out (can still return) > Retired Product (a small chance of return). 

You just can't bank on EOL dates, just gauge what you think will be in demand once gone, may not be hoarded... AND don't mention it too much!

57 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Frankly I don't think much retires in order due to these examples:

Sydney Opera House been & gone during Tower Bridge's life. Air Race Jet before BWE and Porsche. Louvre before Eiffel Tower. F40 before VW T1.

I don't consider anything heading for EOL until TOOS (recalling excess from retailers) > OOS (subject to wishlist feedback) > Sold Out (can still return) > Retired Product (a small chance of return). 

You just can't bank on EOL dates, just gauge what you think will be in demand once gone, may not be hoarded... AND don't mention it too much!

I'm new here. Any modulars in that list?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ferruz said:

I could take brick bank and detective office for € 127 each.
According to you it is worthwhile to take them only for investment purposes or better to let them lose seen the low discount ...?
As a market considered Italy / Europe

I like them both, for building. I do nol like big boxes for investment anymore. If you read the forum you will make up your mind. Read a lot and make your own decision.

In my opinion the benchmark discount in Italy has been Toys Center 25% discount in October and post Xmas online at varius stores also at 25%.

EUR 127 for DO or BB is not the best I have seen.

Edited by Simon74

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Val-E said:

People sad the same about TH - ugly to display, always discounted. YMMV but I think some people are gonna get caught out.

I think TH gave less of a warning than BB and we need sudden not lingering retirements.

7 hours ago, redghostx said:

It's a good thing this is an investment site because I think this is the worst modular to build and display. **I don't like the pet shop but I kind of like the cinema, so I'm weird like that.**

I would have to respectfully disagree.  The bank looks phenomenal with its facade and the laundering money play aspect is quite nice too. cheers!

• Like 4