10251 - Brick Bank

DadsAFOL

How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

I get it.  I don't know if discussing money laundering is appropriate for a kid's toy, but I understand the dark humor.  Maybe LEGO could have designed the next Modular around a dry cleaner so it could be placed next to a properly designed bank.  I have an idea...How about a Chinese Restaurant for our next Modular so we can place it next to the Pet Shop?  :wink:

There is indeed an IDEAS project. :)

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/101899

• Like 1

I dunno.  I believe it will be a few years before banks are half the size of McDonalds.  I guess it's a taste thing.  I prefer a grand bank vs a small one where people wash their laundry on the second floor.

Edit:  Don't get me wrong though; I do love this modular.  I just think I would've liked it more had they done a large, stand-alone bank.

This set will be around long enough to witness the downsizing of banks as we know it today. Banks are like traditional taxis, getting gutted by the likes of Uber.

This set will be around long enough to witness the downsizing of banks as we know it today. Banks are like traditional taxis, getting gutted by the likes of Uber.

A Central Bank (Federal Reserve or some other nation's equivalent) would have been the way to go here, and could still be moc'd.  You just fill the second floor with one giant printing press.  I get the laundromat joke, though it's a bit silly.  As long as is it's there, though, I foresee a market for custom-printed 'HSBC' stickers to go over the front door...

A Central Bank (Federal Reserve or some other nation's equivalent) would have been the way to go here, and could still be moc'd.  You just fill the second floor with one giant printing press.  I get the laundromat joke, though it's a bit silly.  As long as is it's there, though, I foresee a market for custom-printed 'HSBC' stickers to go over the front door...

True.But if that´s the case then the Fire Brigade seriously need to think about buying a contemporary fire tender!

A Central Bank (Federal Reserve or some other nation's equivalent) would have been the way to go here, and could still be moc'd.  You just fill the second floor with one giant printing press.  I get the laundromat joke, though it's a bit silly. 

also need a helipad on the roof.

Or maybe a launchpad for a swarm of drones. Helicopters are so last century.

Not too impressed.  Looks small, and there's nothing stunning about it.  Looks too close to those "mini mods" they have started coming out with.  

There's nothing eye catching like the Emporium signs, Town Hall columns, Fire Brigade bell, etc.

1. Tough crowd :jester:

2. I do think the entrance to the building looks rather nice, I just wish the façade was symmetrical on both sides of the building and the laundry wasn't crammed in. I might MOC it up so that both sides have the appearance of the front side entrance and make a separate 16x32 plate laundry interior modular building.

• Like 1

Cool idea, but the fact that you're talking about modding tells me that it's boring.

They must have the B team designing this one and the last.  No creative vision, just paint by numbers.

Well the DO is pretty cool. PR and DO are both "better" than BB (brick bank) but BB is still good.

I don't know what you do not like about DO but I guess everybody's taste is different.

Cool idea, but the fact that you're talking about modding tells me that it's boring.

They must have the B team designing this one and the last.  No creative vision, just paint by numbers.

I think it's the opposite of boring, I'm actually fairly impressed by the design. My bigger issue that all three of the previous corner units have a generally symmetric appearance on both sides, while this one deviates from that pattern. My OCD kicks in and I would probably separate the buildings just for personal preference. I don't really take any issue with the designers though.

This is a day 1 purchase for me.

• Like 2

Here it is, though nothing like I imagined. Perhaps it is an aquired taste.

Wow. Oddly enough that is precisely how I imagined it would turn out with the bank down the left side and the laundromat on the other behind it. What I did not see was the actual 'laundering' of money as a result of some bank job although I suppose I should have considering the corny cookie ring with Detective's Office. I have seen split corner units before from builders which makes seeing an official release feature the concept interesting. The details are nice and choice of colors good without anything feeling over the top fancy. This seems better for a change of pace than having another building take over the whole corner needlessly or another with the entire structure centered around the front door stuck in the corner.

• Like 1

For those of you that think this is boring, I'm just going to leave 76015 here for your consideration:

That's an obvious set to bundle with BB when it comes time to sell them.  Who doesn't like Spider-Man?  And Doctor Octopus is an obvious reference to the Vampire Squid, aka Goldman Sachs.  What a great way to teach kids about the global financial system!

• Like 3