10251 - Brick Bank

DadsAFOL

How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

It looks smallish but I'm liking it the more I look at it.  It seems like the last 3 years, there is a decrease in overall height compared to earlier modulars with an increase in the complexity of both interior and exterior driving up the piece count.  This has a slightly less piece count than Parisian Restaurant and is $10 higher.  There are 5 modulars now on the timeline.   There is a clear financial incentive for TLG to axe the lower priced modulars (PS, PC) to drive sales towards the higher MSRP sets.  Now if we could only get another surprise double modular retirement - unlikely but one can hope.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

It looks smallish but I'm liking it the more I look at it.  It seems like the last 3 years, there is a decrease in overall height compared to earlier modulars with an increase in the complexity of both interior and exterior driving up the piece count.  This has a slightly less piece count than Parisian Restaurant and is $10 higher.  There are 5 modulars now on the timeline.   There is a clear financial incentive for TLG to axe the lower priced modulars (PS, PC) to drive sales towards the higher MSRP sets.  Now if we could only get another surprise double modular retirement - unlikely but one can hope.

yes, final countdown for the PS. Everyone clean out Amazon . 

Strongly agree with that Ed!  Should have made a bank only and saved the laudramat to another modular.  Overall, seeing a new modular is like a breath of fresh air....just wish sometimes they used their noggin more.  Who knows maybe they seen our list of modular ideas and though there were so many they couldn't fit them all in!

Nice set.  In this case though, they could have saved the dry cleaners for another interior Modular.  I think it takes away from overall appearance of an important corner set.  The truly iconic corner sets look better as one building IMO.  A bank could have and should have been a special set.

I agree that the Laundromat is completely out of place - I am pretty sure that rent levels (at this location) would make the success of such an establishment impossible. 

Edited by KShine
  • Like 3

Nice set.  In this case though, they could have saved the dry cleaners for another interior Modular.  I think it takes away from overall appearance of an important corner set.  The truly iconic corner sets look better as one building IMO.  A bank could have and should have been a special set.

Agreed.  I was thinking something along the lines of the BOA building in Chicago or the Fed building across the street.  Ironically enough, the Board of Trade building which is across the street from both of these buildings (It's at the end of the street), is the Wayne HQ in Batman Begins.

BOA:

boa_chicago.thumb.jpg.e6e44e30889d917b9b

Fed:

Fed_Res.thumb.JPG.3ad7a0987f10b60e470238

Board of Trade:

bot.thumb.jpg.684c953419df2ddb14153756c0

• Like 1