Lego's upcoming "big announcement" this weekend at NYCC

mfortunek

What will be the "big announcement" this weekend at NYCC?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Place your bets - will the announcement be a UCS Star Wars Hoth Echo base, the Ghostbusters HQ, or something else?

• UCS Hoth Echo Base
    • Ghostbusters HQ
    • Something else

I'm figuring something STAR WARS related.  It's been too quiet and no major new STAR WARS sets have been introduced as of yet.  I would put money  on some new UCS set at some point here in the next month or two.  

The old rumors were about an AT-AT, so I wonder if that pans out.

Edited by Ed Mack

Could be...That's a STAR WARS number, but Brickset has it as a 2016 set.  I would think LEGO would release it before The Force Awakens.  

Apparently it has been delayed till 2016 but these days it´s hard to know who and what to believe. Strange that they would launch such a major set outwith the major channels and on a weekend, only in the US. Maybe they preview it there and do the launch in January so as not to get involved with TFA.

I'm figuring something STAR WARS related.  It's been too quiet and no major new STAR WARS sets have been introduced as of yet.  I would put money  on some new UCS set at some point here in the next month or two.  

If this pans out, I have to liquidate some stocks.  

It's entirely plausible that the next UCS Star Wars set is EP7 related. If so, it might give away too much plot, therefore i can understand why they might not release something like that until 2016 which would be just a few weeks after the film releases.

So for this Comic Con, i would guess it's not SW related, and lean towards GBHQ or BigBen (if those rumors have validity).

• Like 1

If this pans out, I have to liquidate some stocks.  

If it pans out, I will cry (joy).

Some of the new parts are cool, but yeah .. these won't be making their way into our house.

There appears to a 1x1 trans stud on the blue castle that has a peak to it ... why would they not have used that for the Louvre arch set? I don't get the designers lately..

Will this be the only major announcement from Lego???

I'm dying over here to find out what's in store for the rest of the year and early next year.  I need to start planning money out!!!

It's just odd how hush hush they have been able to keep these last few big sets quiet.  Throughout the year everything predicted has been correct, even including last year, but this year, there are so many different types of rumors, I seriously don't know what to think about it anymore.

Edited by citymorgue