Scooby Doo, Where are you? - general discussion

TheOrcKing

I just put in an order for 3 with in store pick up. I will report back on whether I am successful. It is available for shipping. Limit 4.

my limit was 3 :(

if anyone needs one...  Scooby Doo van (and all other sets) at Target online now.

http://goto.target.com/c/65738/81938/2092?u=www.target.com/p/lego-scooby-doo-the-mystery-machine-75902/-/A-21506194

amazon also has it available. max of 1 though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WI0ASSO??

TRU also but in-store pick-up only.

• Like 1

alert to those putting in store pickup orders at target - don't rest on your laurels assuming they are safe.  i had 3 orders cut in half last year during the accidental MHC blowout after they sent the confirmatory emails.  i'm guessing once people start coming to customer service counter asking for these and they see your pile of 3 waiting to be picked up, your order might get "adjusted".

Edited by cladner

I was denied in store pick up on MM as well. I wonder if they haven't been shipped out to stores yet? 

They are there. My dpci codes show them. I placed 5 orders in 5 separate stores. Two have been cancelled already. One is ready for pick up. I'm still waiting on the other two. For the stores that cancel them I am assuming that they haven't put them out yet and the employee filling the order is too lazy to look beyond the lego aisle for them.
  • Like 1

I had to ask someone to go in back and they brought case out of 4 so I just said thanks and took whole case. 

Yea I tried that yesterday. Got one then asked do you have anymore. Guy tells me that's it- granted they come in a case so that's impossible. I insist and he comes back 5 minutes later with another one that he clearly smashed up. He says this is the last one. I shook my head and took it anyway.

my limit was 3 :(

if anyone needs one...  Scooby Doo van (and all other sets) at Target online now.

http://goto.target.com/c/65738/81938/2092?u=www.target.com/p/lego-scooby-doo-the-mystery-machine-75902/-/A-21506194

amazon also has it available. max of 1 though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WI0ASSO??

TRU also but in-store pick-up only.

Thanks for the link.  I was able to order the 3 limit at Target.  Fingers crossed!

why is eveyone picking these up so early?  you guys trying to make a shortage happen?

Shortage is happening, with LEGO Shop at Home OOS and other retailers being short.  There's some QFLL'ing going on.

I probably should have just bought them out at Comic Con, and rode the margin wave last month.  I'm okay sitting on the QFLL'ing though.

Don't know if these have been mentioned yet, but...

I remember the community talking about those at a time when there wasn't even a slight mention of Scooby-Doo possibly becoming a LEGO theme but merely a dream. Cobi also originally had the Doctor Who license too. Now here we are with both properties being under LEGO's belt. Ah how things have turned for the better.

• Like 1

why is eveyone picking these up so early?  you guys trying to make a shortage happen?

Seems like it right?

If TLG takes this as an indicator, they are going to ramp up production on these sets.

Yeah... and another set which was predestined for long-term glory will be killed. Just like Exosuit.

Yeah... and another set which was predestined for long-term glory will be killed. Just like Exosuit.

I don't think so. The Mystery Machine is an iconic pop culture vehicle that will appeal to fans of all ages. I rank it right up there with the Ecto-1 and Delorean. They can make as many as they want. This set will be a winner now, tomorrow, next month, and several years down the road.

• Like 8

Or it is just simply a great set. Period.

I don't think so. The Mystery Machine is an iconic pop culture vehicle that will appeal to fans of all ages. I rank it right up there with the Ecto-1 and Delorean. They can make as many as they want. This set will be a winner now, tomorrow, next month, and several years down the road.

Agreed and agreed, although I do worry about artificial shortages and price gouging. It hurts Lego, Lego's image with the general public (our customers) and all of us by proxy for a quick, low margin grab. 

I don't recall there being that much hype here predicting sellouts of the Scooby line. I was stunned when I saw that MM was out of stock early Saturday morning on Lego and Amazon. That can't just be BPer's. I think Lego underestimated the demand and they were probably a little conservative with their production with it being a new there and no track record.

Edited by jbacunn

I don't recall there being that much hype here predicting sellouts of the Scooby line. I was stunned when I saw that MM was out of stock early Saturday morning on Lego and Amazon. That can't just be BPer's. I think Lego underestimated the demand and they were probably a little conservative with their production with it being a new there and no track record.

This is a fair point I think. They can't have made that many if it sold out so fast. Were many people on here staying up to buy one as soon as it came online? I didn't get that impression.

Maybe they felt people would be jumping on the BBT set instead, which I notice hasn't sold out.