Scooby Doo, Where are you? - general discussion

TheOrcKing

True  I remember when TMNT was introduced in both the comics and cartoon  yeah, I'm that old  ha 

Still though Scooby Doo had pretty much a 20 year head start (cartoon-wise)  to gain fans.  The thing about Scooby is the cartoon appealed to adults  (like the original TMNT comic) unlike the TMNT cartoon.  

Look, this Scooby theme can turn out to be another retail dud but who knows. Some of us thought Toy Story and TMNT would have been winners from the start  

I hear you, but it's not like TMNT was introduced yesterday - it's been around for at least 30 years.  That's not 'flash in the pan' material.

And perhaps there are more TMNT toys for a reason? 

I would bet nearly all people faced with picking which franchise would sell more Lego would probably have picked the Turtles.  Either way, just an interesting thought...

True  I remember when TMNT was introduced in both the comics and cartoon  yeah, I'm that old  ha 

Still though Scooby Doo had pretty much a 20 year head start (cartoon-wise)  to gain fans.  The thing about Scooby is the cartoon appealed to adults  (like the original TMNT comic) unlike the TMNT cartoon.  

Look, this Scooby theme can turn out to be another retail dud but who knows. Some of us thought Toy Story and TMNT would have been winners from the start  

The original TMNT cartoon (and the really bad 2004 series) were made for kids. But the Nickelodeon series is pretty adult. It's really good. I was skeptical when my kids wanted to watch it. But I'm hooked as much as they are. It's really pretty adult with its themes. That doesn't translate into toys necessarily. Just an interesting observation.

As a collector, Lego is really letting me down. How can they have a brand new set sell out the first day that it's released?! Are they trying to manipulate the supply chain like Nintendo does with amiibos? We all know what a huge cluster collecting those have become. There's really no excuse for this. Yeah the horde has played a part but a large multi-billion dollar company should be able to plan for this. 

Anyways horde. Unleash the dogs and go to work. There's money to be made as TLG stubbornly tries to leave multiple sets on life support without meeting the needs of the marketplace.

• Like 1

The smaller 3 sets are already OOS ship in 30 days? What did the horde do??

Claim down people... its a glitch guys. You think after all the freebie sets they gave out to the youtube channels they will let this line go out of stock for long? It's not a movie where its a short hype. This is a long time running cartoon. This line will be sticking around and more will come back instock shortly.

exactly what i was thinking but even worse than JW.  my local TRU has a huge Lego setup and SD only had a very small area dedicated to it (1-2  feet wide for 3 shelves).

Ironically, the Scooby Doo sets at the local TRU today were in the same place the JW sets used to be last month.  Should I take that as a sign?  

It's always interesting they have entire walls thick to the brim of Ninjago, and Chima which seem to always have "clearance tags"..

Just to balance this out for everyone, my local TRU's (3 of them) all only received one case of Jokerlands this week (3 to a case).  They also got the Batman boat with Deathstroke, but it was already sold out by the time I got to my local TRU.

So, it's not just SD.  It's the entire product line.

Just to balance this out for everyone, my local TRU's (3 of them) all only received one case of Jokerlands this week (3 to a case).  They also got the Batman boat with Deathstroke, but it was already sold out by the time I got to my local TRU.

So, it's not just SD.  It's the entire product line.

I think Lego is testing the water first before they produce more. Probably this is not by choice but they are forced by the upcoming force.

all the stores around me list them as being in stock.

i went to 2 today - nothing on the shelves.

was denied help by sales person.

stock tracker says that each store only has 4.

Me too. No sign of any Scooby sets in the one Target I tried.

same exact story for me - local stores show 4 in stock, and the two I went to had nothing out

Exactly the same as well. Tracker shows 4 in stock. 2 separate sales people said they "should be over there & if they're not, we're out" pointing to the Lego isle. The Lego isle showed no signs of Scooby Doo (or JW). I also spoke to a manager for assistance but I left after about 15 minutes waiting on his return...

4 in stock for me too, wonder if it's just a blanket shipment for all Target. I was so excited to grab one or two at regular price. I had to go to TRU and pay the markup for the last one there. Worth it though, it's a great set, and should be fun to watch after I hopefully have a few more to save.

Same here. Did store pickup to 3 different stores.  Wal-Mart app showed up in stock but would not let me do site to store yet. Lets hope for another Hulkbuster and Raptor Escape. The good thing is there is not one person who would buy a scooby doo set without buying the MMachine. 

I was just able to order at Target.com for local store pick-up.  I couldn't do that yesterday.  We'll see if the order gets filled.

same thing here.  Just noticed target.com showing inventory for all sets at my local store and online.  I really want a Mystery Machine for a build review topic here so I placed 2 orders of 1 set each (online and in-store pickup). 

http://goto.target.com/c/65738/81938/2092?u=www.target.com/p/lego-scooby-doo-the-mystery-machine-75902/-/A-21506194

update:  target (w/ my permission) changed my in-store pick-up option to shipping. it appears the store doesn't have them.    so i am trying TRU now get a single set since i have $5 in rewards.

Edited by jaisonline
  • Like 1