Scooby Doo, Where are you? - general discussion

TheOrcKing

16 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

On Ebay, it's painfully obvious that people don't mind buying the much cheaper knockoff China version.

Most don't know what is fake, or what price is reasonable (and they can't be bothered with clicking a few extra buttons to find out).

1 minute ago, KShine said:

Most don't know what is fake, or what price is reasonable (and they can't be bothered with clicking a few extra buttons to find out).

What's especially frustrating is, if you search for LEGO, these knock-offs show up. If I search for a LEGO set number and one of these knock-offs shows up, that seller should be banned, because s/he isn't actually selling that set number. A lot of these places are honest that it isn't LEGO and have a bunch of feedback--how are they allowed to keep doing this? Because Ebay is taking 10%? 

My theory is the museum is doing the best as its the cheapest scooby do set you can get.  A couple of ££ more will get you an upgrade to the plane.  Another few ££ and you get the MM.

Apart from the sellers, its the next lego set up thats holding the price of the Museum "down" (if you can call a £12 set selling for £35 - £40 as bad).

What's especially frustrating is, if you search for LEGO, these knock-offs show up. If I search for a LEGO set number and one of these knock-offs shows up, that seller should be banned, because s/he isn't actually selling that set number. A lot of these places are honest that it isn't LEGO and have a bunch of feedback--how are they allowed to keep doing this? Because Ebay is taking 10%? 

Hmmm....I wonder if a SNAD could be filed for buying a set like that.

Guest TabbyBoy
16 hours ago, Mrlakey123 said:

I report every fake lego as counterfeit on ebay. Holding one sd museum and mystery plane. In fact I've never sold one brick of lego. 

So do I and I've been told it's a waste of time. As long as the "brand" isn't stated as LEGO in the listing, action will likely not be taken. Alibaba and others are allowed to sell L***N in the UK. I no longer report unless the price is sey too low with no feedback, suggesting a scam.