Scooby Doo, Where are you? - general discussion

TheOrcKing

• 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy
16 minutes ago, cladner said:

Mystery Machine, Haunted Lighthouse are call to check this evening.  Mystery Plane adventure c2c since yesteryday.  theme looks like its going bye bye.

Thanks!

Brits... Remember Tesco still have some SD sets discounted and at 3-4-2 until tomorrow!

Well, safe to say that's probably the last of it.  It will all be gone by christmas, I suppose.  I dont think this line is a bad choice, but it's probably a 25% from RRP money maker.  I don't see anything but the MM doubling in price.  I do like the overall theme though.  Also, it only had about a year run.  These came out last October, I believe.  Remember last year, how a theme having a one year run was seen as almost a rare anomaly. Well, it's now becoming a bit of the norm.

7 minutes ago, legoboy16 said:

Do most believe MM will outperform Vampire Castle 9468?  They look pretty similar to me and 9468 can still be bought for as low as $130 NIB.  Did scooby doo really have a bigger demand than the monster theme?

The Vampyre Castle didn't have the "Velma Factor".

• Like 5

• 2 years later...

Looking back at how this theme is doing. Interestingly enough, the two small sets (Plane and Museum) are going for ~$60-65 FBA, while the (presumably massively hoarded) “reseller favorite” Mystery Machine is still selling sub-$70. Haunted Lighthouse is at $140, while Haunted Mansion sits at $190. A very clear case of small sets perform best (3x-4x RRP), with the larger sets hitting 1.5x-2.5x tops.

• Like 5

Looking back at how this theme is doing. Interestingly enough, the two small sets (Plane and Museum) are going for ~$60-65 FBA, while the (presumably massively hoarded) “reseller favorite” Mystery Machine is still selling sub-$70. Haunted Lighthouse is at $140, while Haunted Mansion sits at $190. A very clear case of small sets perform best (3x-4x RRP), with the larger sets hitting 1.5x-2.5x tops.

True. I remember when I first started selling and only picking up a few of the Deep Sea Explorer Starter and Scuba sets on clearance for $2 or $3 because I couldn’t imagine them rising that much in value. Never dreamed they’d go as high as x5 or x7 rrp on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Phil B said:

It's only true for these. But that does not hold true any more as we are seeing more resellers gravitate to the smaller sets and hoarding more of them. This has kept the prices of the newer smaller sets down.  Perhaps there will be a swing back to the prices of the bigger sets rising more with less supply and more demand.  I sure would like to borrow exciter1's time machine...:)