Chicagoland Area Forum

comicblast

Hi Chicago BPers! Have you seen any Robie Houses or John Hancock Centres on B&****** shelves or lego stores lately in Chicago? Understand these are retired but sometimes they still sit on the shelves for a while more.

Am thinking of visiting Chicago next week and would be touring RH and JHCs so would like to purchase one of each for momento. Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

I just built RH last weekend. I got mine on ebay used for $150 with instructions and box. If you are patient you can still get a good deal on a used one. Great build. Wish I could see the real thing.

I was at Schaumburg discovery center yesterday and no rovers (and he looked in back).  They did have an SSD (but I bought it and that was the last one he said).  No haunted houses.  They have a ton of winter villages, are those retired?

The Cottage is retired, the Village is not.  I would guess they have tons of the Markets, but worth an ask to see if they have Cottages.

I was at Schaumburg discovery center yesterday and no rovers (and he looked in back).  They did have an SSD (but I bought it and that was the last one he said).  No haunted houses.  They have a ton of winter villages, are those retired?

Yeah they were saying they would be getting a shipment in but who knows string along fables until I see stock. Someone should call and see if they tell them same thing order is coming?. I know the haunted house was not there. Those are the village markets not retired till probably after this christmas when the Santa workshop comes out.

I live pretty close to it, I'll keep my eye out for rovers and give a shout when/if they appear.  Probably swing back in there this weekend and nab a B-wing just cuz I want one and they still have it.

Does anyone know if they keep track of how many sets are purchased, etc etc.  Would they think it was weird if I bought 10 rovers say?  I actually use my son's season pass card to get the 10% (he is always with me) heh. 

I live pretty close to it, I'll keep my eye out for rovers and give a shout when/if they appear.  Probably swing back in there this weekend and nab a B-wing just cuz I want one and they still have it.

Does anyone know if they keep track of how many sets are purchased, etc etc.  Would they think it was weird if I bought 10 rovers say?  I actually use my son's season pass card to get the 10% (he is always with me) heh. 

Are you looking to pick 10 up in one go? I think that is banning material. Maybe 2-3 and spacing out your purchases would keep you safer. To be honest, I think they wouldn't last long enough to get 10, if you follow that method. 

I'm quite surprised they still have B-Wing's in stock. Are they marked down at all? Probably not as low as May the Fourth (50% off to $100), but at this point, I think the B-Wing has plenty of room to grow for investors willing to wait a while. 

They don't care how many you buy I bought like 12 or more rovers. Most I bought was 5 in one day. They don't care like Lego they aren't owned by Lego its Merlin Entertainment they want to sell their sets. Some guy came in and bought 25 rovers one day. I just bought the card last week on sale for 42 dollars total for 10% off.

The B-wings are $200 there.  They have haunted houses now?  I like buying there now more than lego store, although waiting til June I guess will get VIP and a bonus set when buying in store (not discovery).

No Haunted House at Discovery I got it in north brook. I have a huge check coming next week so I'll be getting atleast 2 or 3 HH on Sunday for the free balloon cart poly.

Just went by the Robie House today! Now I'm excited to see how it's built on the lego set. Have not bought it off ebay tho. Prices have gone up up up! Now I'm kicking myself for not buying the set I saw at the MET in NY.

I urge you to take the Robie House tour if you get a chance. There are FLW inspired furniture pieces, and furnishings throughout that evoke the time period. Simply awesome.