Chicagoland Area Forum

comicblast

Anyone manage to find a Falcon at discount? Hit up Targets from Gurnee all the way to Gardner, found 1 but all the mini figs were stolen.

Saw one at the store on 95th last Thursday for $97 that I left. Note sure if it is still there. I don't remember the seals looking bad.

Check Target.com for availability. This is *usually* accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Fyi Wal-Mart belvedier not sure if that it's the correct spelling. bit of a drive even for me it's near Rockford had series 11 figures fresh hanging case. I got two elves, two scarecrows, and 1 ginger bread man. Could have got more but saving for Disney World going in two weeks. Only got the ones I wanted.

Has anyone seen Movie sets clearanced?  Seems like there are a handful of sets that are on a store by store basis for being on clearance:

76000 Batman Mr Freeze

75002 At-Rt

the smallest castle set has 4 mini figs in there

and a few other sets

Nada, I haven't seen any Lego Movie clearanced sets. I also saw the castle set, but only 50% off. I bought 2, but I'm going to return them. Not good enough, after did a little research.

I don't know if you guys are into Lego lots, but there is a decent one on Craigslist:in used condition. http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/tag/4558527437.html. Seller asking for $600, and after running it through the BP Lego Lot Calculator, it seems to be worth $1,431.05 in used condition. You probably could email the seller to get some pictures of the actual pieces/sets. They are claiming everything is complete, but chances are there are at least a few incomplete sets.

• 2 weeks later...

I know someone wrote this in another forum, but thought I would post it here. As of yesterday at 2:00 PM, LDC Schaumburg had an SSD for sale. Sign up for a membership to get 10% off in the

shop.

Saw that last Tuesday left it saving money for Disney World trip which I'm on right now! Gonna check out the lego store in downtown Disney sometime this week.

Saw that last Tuesday left it saving money for Disney World trip which I'm on right now! Gonna check out the lego store in downtown Disney sometime this week.

Enjoy your trip! Always a great vacation at Disney...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Orland Park Lego store had several of the Exosuit and research Institute sets on the shelf. They were limit one per customer.

Same with Watertower Chicago. I think 7+ of each, limit one per customer. Busy as always, and no SSD's or GE's. 

Bad news for 10% discounters at discovery center.  I bought an SSD today (amazingly one on the shelf) and when I paid I tried to use my annual pass for 10% discount.  Cashier informed me lego sent a memo with a list of sets that do not qualify for discounts (yep ALL the exclusives) so I paid full price for the SSD.  I didn't see everything on the list but it was long, noticed sopwith camel, exo suit, others.  Assuming all the exclusives.

Dunno if all cashiers will know this on checkout but bummed me out (although was very happy to land another SSD).

PS he said that was the last SSD they had so no more in back, although they always seem to keep popping up there every week oddly.  19R4 was the code.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

News concerning any Illinois Amazon customers:

http://wgntv.com/2014/10/28/amazon-to-bring-1000-jobs-to-illinois-open-first-warehouse-in-chicago-area/

Amazon is announcing plans to open its first warehouse and several other facilities in the Chicago area.

The deal will bring 1,000 new jobs to Illinois.

The company is still considering locations but plans to have the first facility open next year and several more by the end of 2017.

Amazon has been adding distribution centers at a fast pace to expand its same-day delivery service.

It

• 5 weeks later...

How have BF deals been going for everyone on the local scale? Just came back from a Target to see if I could score at least 1 of the 2 Family Houses that they had. All gone before I arrived. I really didn't like how this particular Target location handled the crowdes though. They closed off the top level of parking, the elevators, and all the entrances to the store except on the third floor, and forced everyone to walk up the parking ramps to the third floor. Not only was this dangerous for pedestrians and a hazard for drivers, it impeded handicapped and people who needed to use the elevator from shopping since they had no access to elevators. They did do a decent job of handling the crowds though. They had fencing set up "movie theater style" so that they could keep the crowds in an orderly fashion, and control the inflow of customers. In the end, they were all out of the sets that they advertised. :( A very different experience from last year, where there were dozens of Quinjets and Forest Police Stations (even had the luxury of picking out the best boxes).