70751 - Temple of Airjitzu

DadsAFOL

2 minutes ago, KShine said:

I seem to recall LEGO giving away a $40 Ninjago set with the purchase of this set - does anyone else remember any details?

$60 set actually - That was a deal. 

Edited by KShine
  • Like 2

There were 2 separate promos in consecutive weeks. First was a free enter the serpent set and the second was a free ronin rex set. Bought 1 the first week to keep and bought a second one the following week and flipped it on amazon before the set was available for retail anywhere else outside of Lego direct. The msrp for enter the serpent is $60 and ronin rex is $50, but they have been widely available for under $40.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KShine said:

I seem to recall LEGO giving away a $40 Ninjago set with the purchase of this set - does anyone else remember any details?

Along with the $60 Enter the Serpent set, those who bought in late November of last year got the Gingerbread House as well. Double VIP might have been part of it too. I remember flipping the ginger for $55 and using Apple Pay/Discover for 10% cash back. Ended up with a sub $100 Temple. Those were the days!

11 hours ago, Calli said:

Does this set sell worse in North America than in the rest of the world or why does NA get the promo?

I would like to get one for my collection as I have a passion for Asia 26e9.png

Oddly enough LEGO has been adding good promos on the Temple of Airjitzu in North America multiple times, while we here in Europe haven't gotten any deal on it. Makes me wonder what the reason for that could be...

18 hours ago, emazers said:

Look, I am the first one to say get Exclusives, but this Exclusive to me could be a Dud, the only Ninjango set that i had about 50 was the 2011 Fire Temple 2507 Set, sold for $120, Toys R US had them for $90 on Black Friday a few years ago, around the Holidays they wer selling for $200-220. Still have some left will wait for Christmas to unload the rest, there had been a few others, the Ice Dragon, etc. But seeing this set being $212 with tax, I don't see this set being a $400-and up set, but to play safe I wil get 3-5 of them, and they are a very poor seller the manager at Arundel Mills, said they had at least 50-75 in the back nobody is buying. and if you noticed my picture with Santa that was me in 1954. So as a investor I would not suggest buying tons of these.    Ed

I have had a few people E-mail me and tell me they don't believe that I really have alot of Ninjago 2507 and 9450 sets, and think the Epic Battle set is not a good investment. So i figure I would just show what I have. Anybody thinks that the 9450 Epic battle Dragon will not be worth getting as many as you can for a good price My advice get as many as you can afford from now to Christmas, There have only been 2 big sets with Ninjago, and hopefully with the new 2014 sets there will be one more. Look at the 2507 Fire Temple Set, $91.00 Black Friday Sale last year, and the price is close to $175-200 on ebay will be more aroundChristmas, now anybody buying the 9450 Epic Battle would suggest holding on to them, don't panic around Christmas and sell them, you will be sorry wait til 2014 & 2015. So I have 44 Epic Dragon Battle, and 31 Fire Temple sets.    Ed
10s4ob6.jpg
2whhtu1.jpg
3142uti.jpg
2lclcf6.jpg

I was pretty sure you had gone all in on Epic Dragon Battle too.  

• Like 4

Posted · Report post

I have had a few people E-mail me and tell me they don't believe that I really have alot of Ninjago 2507 and 9450 sets, and think the Epic Battle set is not a good investment. So i figure I would just show what I have. Anybody thinks that the 9450 Epic battle Dragon will not be worth getting as many as you can for a good price My advice get as many as you can afford from now to Christmas, There have only been 2 big sets with Ninjago, and hopefully with the new 2014 sets there will be one more. Look at the 2507 Fire Temple Set, $91.00 Black Friday Sale last year, and the price is close to $175-200 on ebay will be more aroundChristmas, now anybody buying the 9450 Epic Battle would suggest holding on to them, don't panic around Christmas and sell them, you will be sorry wait til 2014 & 2015. So I have 44 Epic Dragon Battle, and 31 Fire Temple sets.    Ed

10s4ob6.jpg

2whhtu1.jpg

3142uti.jpg

2lclcf6.jpg

Somebody is sitting on them. Hmmmm

3 hours ago, Haay said:

Oddly enough LEGO has been adding good promos on the Temple of Airjitzu in North America multiple times, while we here in Europe haven't gotten any deal on it. Makes me wonder what the reason for that could be...

Germans.....

Yes, did have tons of Epic Battles, $50-70 each, sold everyone to a guy it Japan, he paid $125 each for them plus express shipping. so having 50 of these and making. so making $55-75 on each one to one guy was pretty easy money. See I don't use Ebay Global Shipping and alot of guys overseas no that, so thats why alot of my sales are outside the US, Sold 10 sets of the Black Pearl and Queen Revenge to a few guys in Japan for $900 plus they pay Express shipping, People in Japan, China, etc love those 2 sets, and $60-75 for the Pearl and $85-100 for the Queen and I still have plenty of both.   Ed

personally, i think 70751 Temple of Airjitzu owners will do "fine" after retirement.

i can't define "fine" at this time but i think / know 1) AFOLs buy cool looking sets, 2) there's a ninjago movie coming out, 3) kids seem to still watch the show, 3) seems a fair amount of people like ninjas, 4) lego has ninjago going back to it's roots after experimenting with some "questionable" story-lines / sets with evil robots, 5) this set could look nice even among non-ninjago sets and 6)  the design has international appeal. 

if history tells us anything,  not all popular post-retirement sets were good sellers during retail.  for example, the Sea Cow, Town Hall and Grand Carousel sat on shelves or weren't well-received.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, jaisonline said:
personally, i think 70751 Temple of Airjitzu owners will do "fine" after retirement.

i can't define "fine" at this time but i think / know 1) AFOLs buy cool looking sets, 2) there's a ninjago movie coming out, 3) kids seem to still watch the show, 3) seems a fair amount of people like ninjas, 4) lego has ninjago going back to it's roots after experimenting with some "questionable" story-lines / sets with evil robots, 5) this set could look nice even among non-ninjago sets and 6)  the design has international appeal. 

if history tells us anything,  not all popular post-retirement sets were good sellers during retail.  for example, the Sea Cow, Town Hall and Grand Carousel sat on shelves or weren't well-received.

I agree. It's a very nice set. I don't own any Ninjago but this set has always been on my trigger list. I like the whole Japanese feel to it. With 35 dollars back and the freebie I'm ok with the purchase. This will be a display piece..idk where yet. I think I have a sickness and it spreads. First I was only SW then SW/marvel then SW/marvel/creator (UK sets)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

10s4ob6.jpg
2whhtu1.jpg
3142uti.jpg
2lclcf6.jpg

That's Alotta Dragons......... 

6 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

10s4ob6.jpg
2whhtu1.jpg
3142uti.jpg
2lclcf6.jpg

How many of those did he return?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Migration said:

How many of those did he return?

None.  He sold "everyone to a guy it [sic] Japan".

6 hours ago, emazers said:

Yes, did have tons of Epic Battles, $50-70 each, sold everyone to a guy it Japan, he paid $125 each for them plus express shipping. so having 50 of these and making. so making $55-75 on each one to one guy was pretty easy money. See I don't use Ebay Global Shipping and alot of guys overseas no that, so thats why alot of my sales are outside the US, Sold 10 sets of the Black Pearl and Queen Revenge to a few guys in Japan for $900 plus they pay Express shipping, People in Japan, China, etc love those 2 sets, and $60-75 for the Pearl and $85-100 for the Queen and I still have plenty of both.   Ed

• Like 2