70751 - Temple of Airjitzu

DadsAFOL

Way too early to buy this for investment IMHO - it´s only just appearing outside SAH. You did well to get one for personal build at reduced price (what was the final buy-in?) but I wouldn´t entertain investing in it till late next year or unless there is at least 30% off.

It is worth it. The only Ninjago set I have. Hell, I don't even have the minifigs with it, they're in a bag somewhere* . Prettier than any of the modulars, in my opinion (maybe PR comes a bit close).

*except for two of them that I have converted to I think late Warring States-period bushi/samurai with some lovely 3D-printed armour and weapons I bought.

• Like 2

The set is lovely. I am fairly picky on sets I build and display, but the scene this set creates is hard to beat. I actually sold the minifigs to help cover the cost of the set (bought while double VIP, and you can sell minifigs for between $60-75 dollars total, or more if lucky and patient). Thirteen minifigures is a bunch! (kept the statue minifigure however)

Investment wise I don't know what to think - mostly aimed at kids, doesn't seem super popular, but has a bit of a cult afol following. Could be a good recipe. Who knows how much longer it will be in production though.

Presentation wise, there are very few sets that occupy a corner space as well as this, in addition to a bunch of vertical space - I'm a sucker for something that makes good use of vertical space. Likely the closest to an oriental themed modular we'll get.

I plan on fleshing out the diorama with a total overhaul of the scenery (the buildings certainly deserve more than it gets). The buildings look just great. 

Edited by Muffin Cup
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I am picking up this set for about $160 with no tax. I love this set and might build it b/c it's been calling to me ever since I first saw the autumn leaves against that classic oriental building style. I find it intriguing that 3/24 was the last post date in this thread. Yes, nothing doing worth mentioning.However, I think it would be interesting if someone had the data for threads that have minimal posts and the ultimate value of a set based on a relative comparison to those huge threads where everyone has tons of that set and it's going ballistic. Could there be merit to the sleeper threads with low post counts and the eventual value of a retired set once it occurs...just thinking....

• Like 1