What set do you want but will never get

Guest brickcrazyhouse
18 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm sure I've answered this before, but since it's on my new post list...

10179 UCS Falcon

10196 Grand Carousel

10210 Imperial Flagship

10212 Imperial Shuttle

I'm right there with you on the Imperial Shuttle. Because of the ferris wheel I haven't given up on the Carousel or at least a remake of it. Also will never get the UCS Bwing.  Walked right by it on sale and didn't see. 

1 hour ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

I'm right there with you on the Imperial Shuttle. Because of the ferris wheel I haven't given up on the Carousel or at least a remake of it. Also will never get the UCS Bwing.  Walked right by it on sale and didn't see. 

I wasn't reading Brickpicker when the UCS B-Wing sale happened, so I missed it.  That's another one that I want. But I'm not convinced I won't get it. I'm either going to breakdown and buy it one of these days, or I'll Bricklink the dang thing.

First I thought I would say the 10179 MF but it's hardly displayable (you have to hook it on a wall) so I'm fine without this one.

Maybe the 10210 imperial flagship to display with my 4195 queen anne's revenge...

edit: my next post will the 2000th, I have to chose my words carefully :P

Edited by biniou
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, biniou said:

First I thought I would say the 10179 MF but it's hardly displayable (you have to hook it on a wall) so I'm fine without this one.

Maybe the 10210 imperial flagship to display with my 4195 queen anne's revenge...

Say something about LEGO ;)

27 minutes ago, biniou said:

Honestly I've built it and the building process suck's, I spent more time looking for the pieces than I did actually building it and like you mentioned it's a hard set to display. If you want an enjoyable millennium falcon experience I highly recommend (75105). 

• Like 1

Cafe Corner…  I just can't justify 1000.00 for any set, no matter how cool they are.  Once they break over the 750 mark, I kind of see it as one of those sets i'd like but won't get.  The only way I see myself getting this, is if I luck into something rare, that skyrockets in value, and it presents itself an excellent trade..

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Cafe Corner…  I just can't justify 1000.00 for any set, no matter how cool they are.  Once they break over the 750 mark, I kind of see it as one of those sets i'd like but won't get.  The only way I see myself getting this, is if I luck into something rare, that skyrockets in value, and it presents itself an excellent trade..

I bricklinked a Cafe Corner for 400. I then bricklinked a second for just under 400 and sold the first for 600. You can get one for a decent price with a little work.

I would never say never on any set. I didn't think I would have the Imperial Flagship, QAR, or Green Grocer but got them all (used) for good prices. If your always looking for lego on CL deals will come around eventually. Just have to be persistent. 

• Like 1

Star Wars/Ultimate Collectors Series Imperial Star Destroyer. 10030 

I'm not a huge Star wars fan, but I like this set, think it would get well with my other UCS sets, but I'm not sure I want to spend over 2g;s for a set that I want to build.  If I can find a nice used one, or an open box one, I may go that route.  

I would also like a 10212 Imperial Shuttle too.   

I'm starting to collect the modulars a well. The older ones as others stated are very pricy. 

I won't say I'll never own any of the above mentioned sets, it's just a matter if I want to spend the money on LEGO or one of my other hobbies.. Choices.  lol 

Probably the SDCC and other exclusive figs.

I will probably buy MISB Taj Mahal and Grand Carousel some time, already have the Falcon. Bought it for €2800 shipping included last year. As non first editions (just as mine) are trading now close to €5000 on ebay.de (place of purchase) did not even make a bad deal. I am talking about sold listings.

• Like 1

Can't justify these any longer due to $, but these are mine:

Green Grocer 10185---Reminds me of Seinfeld and what I imagine a NYC/Brooklyn grocer might be like, granted I've never stepped foot in NYC let alone a grocer in NYC, but this it in my mind

Grand Carousel 10196---beautiful

Emerald Night Train 10194---awesome, reminiscent of a bygone era of trains

Imperial Shuttle 10212---awesome display piece

Imperial Flagship 10210---awesome looking ship!