Ideas #012: 21303 - WALL-E

mattyman

• 3 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
13 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

Is anyone worried about reselling a first run version without the updated neck pieces? Or just let a buyer sort that out themselves?

Have a look on eBay. I've noticed some go for less than RRP so prices appear to have topped out.

15 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

Is anyone worried about reselling a first run version without the updated neck pieces? Or just let a buyer sort that out themselves?

If you know you have V1.0 then why not ask Lego for the kit? That way you have it should there be any supply issues down the line.

I guess if you have 99 of them, it could be a reseller scum red flag....

5 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Have a look on eBay. I've noticed some go for less than RRP so prices appear to have topped out.

Did you type in 21304 by mistake? New  sealed Wall-E´s are going for between 60 and 80 euros on ebay Europe. Doctor Who on the other hand.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

If you know you have V1.0 then why not ask Lego for the kit? That way you have it should there be any supply issues down the line.

I guess if you have 99 of them, it could be a reseller scum red flag....

Yeah I only have 3, but don't even know if they're all first run. That is a good point, I guess I assumed they might not ship the parts anymore.

1 minute ago, nolanfan34 said:

Yeah I only have 3, but don't even know if they're all first run. That is a good point, I guess I assumed they might not ship the parts anymore.

They will, if they still have the parts. I don't know about the Wall-E neck fix, but generally they ask for the number on your instruction manual for missing parts.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Did you type in 21304 by mistake? New  sealed Wall-E´s are going for between 60 and 80 euros on ebay Europe. Doctor Who on the other hand.....

That's still close to UK RRP after fees, packing materials and tax. Doctor Who is still available in some UK retailers so it ain't done yet.

6 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

That's still close to UK RRP after fees, packing materials and tax. Doctor Who is still available in some UK retailers so it ain't done yet.

I guess UK ebayers just really like selling stuff and don´t care much about their bottom line as they are nearly always the ones with the lowest sold prices.

12 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

If you go back a few pages on this thread before all the retiring soon stuff, you should find the seal codes that were determined to be the crossover. There were 2 separate fixes and IIRC December 2015 was the cutoff between good and bad versions but better to do due diligence. If you only have 3 with affected seals, it´s worth contacting TLG as you never know how they will respond 5 years down the line to the end user.

On December 2, 2015 at 2:27 AM, Val-E said:

So week 47 is the minimum guarantee for the neck fix, it would seem. I wonder if the original ones will fetch a premium - you could have snoozing Wall-E and fully charged Wall-E together.

FYI: Info from @Val-E located on page 19 of this thread.  (Which means my 37R5 is before the fix... oh well, I only have the one for future personal build so not too worried.)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kris_1973 said:

FYI: Info from @Val-E located on page 19 of this thread.  (Which means my 37R5 is before the fix... oh well, I only have the one for future personal build so not too worried.)

Yup, you probably have version 1.1 where the hinges got changed but droopy neck got done after that. 2016 seals should be safe.

https://brickset.com/article/16800/finally-you-can-buy-wall-e-in-the-usa-and-canada

• Like 1

On 2/12/2015 at 9:18 AM, JimboJet said:

Just got my backorder for LEGO Shop at Home US, it has 3 seals on it, the two outer seals appear to be a 39R5 over the top of a 33R5, the middle (3rd) one says 47R5.

This post would appear to show the three versions. Week 33 would be 1.0 first batch as release was September. Week 39 would have had the hinge fix and week 47 would have been the final droopy neck fix kit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

This post would appear to show the three versions. Week 33 would be 1.0 first batch as release was September. Week 39 would have had the hinge fix and week 47 would have been the final droopy neck fix kit.

You rock, clearly I am too lazy to search the thread. Will check out my labels.

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

I guess UK ebayers just really like selling stuff and don´t care much about their bottom line as they are nearly always the ones with the lowest sold prices.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

This set was very to easy to get at nearly 50% (£23 av for mine)off so its prob those being sold now. Once they've cleared out this set will go up again.I mean its still going up now. To think this set has topped out is crazy.

I wish hadn't bought any dr who and just wall-e, but £20 a set was hard to turn down.

7 hours ago, TheGallows said:

This set was very to easy to get at nearly 50% (£23 av for mine)off so its prob those being sold now. Once they've cleared out this set will go up again.I mean its still going up now. To think this set has topped out is crazy.

I wish hadn't bought any dr who and just wall-e, but £20 a set was hard to turn down.

Yes, 3 for 2 will have had a influence on UK prices, as well as Ebay not charging any commissions, but I thought Tabby made off with all the Wall-E´s online!

This is one of the few sets I´d keep for long term hold - similar to Delorean or Mystery Machine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Yes, 3 for 2 will have had a influence on UK prices, as well as Ebay not charging any commissions, but I thought Tabby made off with all the Wall-E´s online!

This is one of the few sets I´d keep for long term hold - similar to Delorean or Mystery Machine.

Yeah I agree, long term hold on this one. There also a slim chance at some point an Eva set gets made, or a wall-e 2.

• 3 weeks later...