Ideas #012: 21303 - WALL-E

mattyman

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Can I still get the parts to fix neck from Lego? Does 28r5 need it? That's an early one, isn't it. Bought 2 from LLDC for $50 before dummies realized it was suppose to be $60. That early in this set's life, I don't think I exactly knew the price.

Early original pricing was going to be 49.99.  It changed last minute to 59.99.  Merlin's computers were priced at 50 in the system for the first week or two until it was corrected.

14 minutes ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

Nice surprise while updating my inventory spreadsheet and condensing some Ideas sets into new storage boxes - I found three of these that I hadn't accounted for.

You don't sound like you are particularly organised :-P . You must have a ship load of inventory 

Edited by ED-209

1 minute ago, ED-209 said:

You don't sound like toy are particularly organised. You must have a ship load of inventory 

Quite a modest haul for now - just over 50 sets overall. There's a pillar in my storage though that obscured that box when I redrew my spreadsheet from scratch during the summer.

I do have a bad habit of buying sets while half asleep and/or drunk however, so frequent stock checks are fairly necessary.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
13 hours ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

Quite a modest haul for now - just over 50 sets overall. There's a pillar in my storage though that obscured that box when I redrew my spreadsheet from scratch during the summer.

I do have a bad habit of buying sets while half asleep and/or drunk however, so frequent stock checks are fairly necessary.

I have a barcode scanner app on my phone that creates a CSV file that I import into XL via a macro. I just scan as it arrives and do the same when it sells. Nothing could be easier as my last stocktake of over 1500 sets was 100% correct.

The same spreadsheet also has formulae for eBay/PayPal/Postage fees. This is what I give to HMRC and they're very happy with it.

I've also bought sets while drunk and normally end up returning them. I now leave the iMac switched off after a night on the tiles!

Guest TabbyBoy

Sorry, my comment regarding JL was a typo as my phone photo wasn't clear. It was in fact 41S6, the same as the 2 that arrived from LEGO 5min ago! Got the Snow Globe but, no small NEXO box - damn!

I hate to be that guy but I got a 21303 from Amazon this week with seal codes of 37 R5, which by all accounts seems to be before the neck fix was implemented in the retail boxes.  I can just see the uproar on ebay in the next few years as people realize they have Wall-E sets that need additional pieces.

I'm gonna set up a return with Amazon to swap it out for a good one.  

why are they still rocking stock from over a year ago??

5 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I hate to be that guy but I got a 21303 from Amazon this week with seal codes of 37 R5, which by all accounts seems to be before the neck fix was implemented in the retail boxes.  I can just see the uproar on ebay in the next few years as people realize they have Wall-E sets that need additional pieces.

I don't think it will be a big deal, but do what you will.

12 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

You are assuming everyone on the planet knows Lego has a neck fixed version available. I think it is safe to say majority of the people buying this yet a year from now don't even know there is a neck issue with the early production boxes.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I can just see the uproar on ebay in the next few years as people realize they have Wall-E sets that need additional pieces.

They can always call Lego, say they have Wall-E with old style neck, and Lego sends out the kit with updated parts and instructions for free. 

I also don't think this is a big deal. I have my Wall-E with the old neck on display without any issues. My neck fix kit is sitting in a bin likely never to be implemented. 

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

The problem with selling an item under UK law is that the buyer will typically complain to the point of sale which is "you". It is then up to "you" to resolve the problem or offer the buyer a partial refund or a full refund if the item is returned. Asking a buyer to complain to LEGO directly isn't the way it's done in the UK as most manufacturers will simply point the buyer to the point of sale (eBay seller) even though most of us will just refer the buyer to LEGO CS. The awkward thing is then "you" contacting LEGO CS on the buyer's behalf and then asking for several neck-kits making you stand out as a reseller which could create further problems. LEGO wholesale will have a relationship with official retailers but, not with any of us.

When I first found out about the neck issue, I simply returned all of my WALL-E sets immediately and simply bought them all again once the set was re-released by checking that the seal codes were recent before buying them. All mine are now 36S6 or newer.

This may not be a problem for most buyers but, you will get those who just like to complain and insist on immediate action.

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

The problem with selling an item under UK law is that the buyer will typically complain to the point of sale which is "you". It is then up to "you" to resolve the problem or offer the buyer a partial refund or a full refund if the item is returned. Asking a buyer to complain to LEGO directly isn't the way it's done in the UK as most manufacturers will simply point the buyer to the point of sale (eBay seller) even though most of us will just refer the buyer to LEGO CS. The awkward thing is then "you" contacting LEGO CS on the buyer's behalf and then asking for several neck-kits making you stand out as a reseller which could create further problems. LEGO wholesale will have a relationship with official retailers but, not with any of us.

When I first found out about the neck issue, I simply returned all of my WALL-E sets immediately and simply bought them all again once the set was re-released by checking that the seal codes were recent before buying them. All mine are now 36S6 or newer.

This may not be a problem for most buyers but, you will get those who just like to complain and insist on immediate action.

if you get someone complaining about the neck its because you are selling to another QFFL and you should raise your prices to avoid dealing with such vermin.

On 5/26/2016 at 0:01 PM, thoroakenfelder said:

I think you probably won't need to get the fix. Date seals of late 2015 or 2016 are after the fixes were implemented.

I have an extra neck fix kit which I'll gladly put up for sale on EBay using GSP for any UK sellers who want to avoid the hassle of having to go to LEGO CS to ask for one :)