"Out of Stock" Dates for Star Wars sets on Lego.com

fossilrock

Still limit of 5 though which I find curious.  If the ship date keeps getting pushed and EOL is this year, I really don't know why the limit isn't 2.  They've done that with many other exclusives near the end.  I only have one of these that I got on Amazon Warehouse loose for really cheap, but I can't bring myself to buy more yet.  I know I'm playing with fire and could get caught with my pants down, but I want to wait until double VIP in October or the holiday promo in November.  

Edited by zskid00

Still limit of 5 though which I find curious.  If the ship date keeps getting pushed and EOL is this year, I really don't know why the limit isn't 2.  They've done that with many other exclusives near the end.  I only have one of these that I got on Amazon Warehouse loose for really cheap, but I can't bring myself to buy more yet.  I know I'm playing with fire and could get caught with my pants down, but I want to wait until double VIP in October or the holiday promo in November.  

I have a feeling it will be gone from the online store, but still found in the B&M's by the next 2xVIP sale.  I'm sitting on one pristine minty box set that I bought mostly using VIP points, and I purchased it right after it came back after going out of stock during the 2xVIP sale in March.  I had a feeling it was potentially going at that point, and wanted to at least own one, yet it's lasted for a few more months since it came back in stock.  I plan on buying at least one more for investment.... but that's all the further i'm going to spend on this set.  I personally really like the set, but don't want to throw thousands on it, because it's just a such an unknown.  Like you, i'm going to take the risk and wait until October, and then hopefully land one more.  If I don't then ohh well, there's slave 1's, the new rumored october exclusive set, and sancrawlers to buy.

10236 Ewok Village moved from Out of Stock, will ship by July 15th to in stock on July 6th.  Last time it was in stock was June 24th, where it lasted for two days in stock.

10240 Red 5 back to in stock.  Last went out on June 18th when it said it would reappear on the 5th of July. 

75078 Imperial troop carrier out of stock, expected ship date July 15th 2015.

Edited by fossilrock

• 2 weeks later...

10240 Red 5 X-wing goes to Sold Out

10188 Death Star came back in stock with a ship date of late august, but then moved back to Sold Out.  I suspect we will see it dance like this continually over the next few days.

75040 General Grievous Wheel Bike moved from Sold Out to "Out of Stock, expected ship date August 30th".

Why wouldn't Red 5 and EV go first? Also, it's barely been out over a year? This talk of all these sets that have been out between 3 months and 15 months retiring is really confusing to me.

Edited by MarxMarvelous

Why wouldn't Red 5 and EV go first? Also, it's barely been out over a year? This talk of all these sets that have been out between 3 months and 15 months retiring is really confusing to me.

I think both Red 5 and EV are already gone and should be gone by the start of the new year.  Red 5 is currently sold out at lego.com, and EV is sitting at the dreaded "temporary out of stock" but never coming back in stock.   I wouldn't be shocked to see a retirement applied to both in January, but both will be harder and harder to obtain from here on out. Sort of like the ToO. 

Soooo.. that leaves the Sandcrawler to start doing the dance.  Summer 2016 would mark it's two year mark.  Red 5 and EV made it a little more than 2 years.  Ya jive now?

How is EV already gone when it says there will be more available in Jan on LEGO Shop at Home? And we have already correctly decided that Sold Out means absolutely nothing, so Red 5 is purely speculation. Looking at the Red 5 thread, it seems the EOL has been incorrectly predicted many times over the years. It was close to this time last year when the last EOL stone cold lock predictions came in. It was supposed to be gone this past January. And they were all so sure...

Edited by MarxMarvelous

There's no way Sandcrawler is dancing. Reseller hoarding hasn't started on this set yet and that will account for a good percentage of the overall sales. It'll be around for at least another year.

Exactly, they haven't even started the half dozen or so extra production runs due to the horde emptying worldwide inventories in 10 minutes yet.

Ahh you boys.  Always looking for a fight.  I said it in plain english, but obviously reading comprehension is a little tough for some.  Let me state it again.  Summer of 2016 would mark the two year mark for Sandcrawler.  I am suspecting it will be gone by then.  Which means, you will see a period where it's hard to land, kinda like Red 5 (may 5th 2013) and EV (september 1st 2013) currently, both of which either hit or are nearing their 2 year mark .  Usually, but not always the 2 year mark is a marker.  Is it not, traditionally?

Regardless, carry on.  Just because it laid it's first foot down on the dance floor doesn't mean it is gone tomorrow. For example, EV, Red 5 and ToO all went OOS for the first time in a long time during the march 2xvip event.  Since then they have come back in stock, and gone back out of stock over 2 week intervals it seems.  You can look at this thread as some proof in that.  Once again, i'm tallying this stuff, so you can review this thread and see when something may or may not start to dance.  So… quit being so confrontational and hostile, Marx. I  think I said it plain as day.  And yes, I think Red 5 is pretty much heading towards retirement.  The signs are there.  The signs are also there for EV.  And it doesn't say "we are making more in january" it says "check back for product availability in january".  That product availability could mean "product retired" as far as we know, or yes, it could mean they release the last remaining stock that they might be gathering up and holding at the moment, to blow it out at that point.  That message is too vague, and with the new Hoth Rebel Base set coming out, I think it's time is setting.  

Now, if you want to argue about EOL and retirement, please take it to the EOL and retirement thread.  I'm trying to keep this as a record for when star wars products go in and out of stock at lego.com to keep a record for those that care.  

Edited by fossilrock

The Sandcrawler 75059 has only been out for 15 months, May 2014.  Not going anywhere soon , maybe sometime next year.

We've already been through this.  As stated above, more than likely it lasts until it's two year mark going into summer 2016.  Now can we drop the subject?

Here's "the dance" of Ewok Village and Red 5 over June and July.

june.jpg

July.jpg