Jump to content

TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

Got a link to one of the Brickheadz? Or did they fix everything already. Don't see anything funky on my end this morning.

It really comes and goes.  I find I see some odd ones pop up when I just type "Brickheadz" in the main search bar on the TRU website, but don't press Enter.  It'll pop up matches that are more than just the Elsa and Witch sometimes and that's how I get to it.  The first time, first thing this morning, was the only time I did it and there was actually something I could add to my cart and check out with.  Since then, I'll see it come up, but it behaves the same as when all those Vaders and Iron Man ones were showing as in, until you try to add them.  

Edited by billybell991
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, billybell991 said:

It really comes and goes.  I find it see some odd ones pop up when I just type "Brickheadz" in the main search bar on the TRU website, but don't press Enter.  It'll pop up more than just the Elsa and Witch sometimes and that's how I get to it.  The first time, first thing this morning, was the only time I did it and there was actually something I could add to my cart and check out with.  Since then, I'll see it come up, but it behaves the same as when all those Vaders and Iron Man ones were showing as in, until you try to add them.  

Gotcha, i see one now, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at TRU's website, I've noticed the prices on some sets are above MSRP.  For example, Poe Dameron's X-wing Fighter 75273 is listed at $124.99, while MSRP is $119.99.  This is a bit worrisome.  I like to buy from TRU since they are Canadian, but absolutely not if it means paying more for an item.  Hopefully this is some weird, temporary side effect of the pandemic, and not a permanent change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Codes said:

Looking at TRU's website, I've noticed the prices on some sets are above MSRP.  For example, Poe Dameron's X-wing Fighter 75273 is listed at $124.99, while MSRP is $119.99.  This is a bit worrisome.  I like to buy from TRU since they are Canadian, but absolutely not if it means paying more for an item.  Hopefully this is some weird, temporary side effect of the pandemic, and not a permanent change.

Noticed that as well, the Mandalorian AT-ST is marked up by $5, this started around the pandemic, so yeah hopefully just something temporary.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

Noticed that as well, the Mandalorian AT-ST is marked up by $5, this started around the pandemic, so yeah hopefully just something temporary.

What are some of the other Canadian stores to buy with decent prices/discount offers? I look at Canadian Tire sometimes but nothing great there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, shagmoz said:

What are some of the other Canadian stores to buy with decent prices/discount offers? I look at Canadian Tire sometimes but nothing great there.

LEGO Shop at Home when there are good promos. Walmart and TRU are really bad for discounts nowadays asides from once a year clearance at Walmart. Speaking of Walmart, they've raised prices above MSRP too. Not a good trend...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, CLMF said:

LEGO Shop at Home when there are good promos. Walmart and TRU are really bad for discounts nowadays asides from once a year clearance at Walmart. Speaking of Walmart, they've raised prices above MSRP too. Not a good trend...

The MSRP adjustments could be because the Canadian $$$ has been lower than usual the past few months.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

The MSRP adjustments could be because the Canadian $$$ has been lower than usual the past few months.

 

That's one thing I hadn't considered.  However, it definitely isn't applied to every set, and certainly not at all stores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

The MSRP adjustments could be because the Canadian $$$ has been lower than usual the past few months.

 

You would expect the prices to be adjusted by lego also if it was a currency translation issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost certain that it isn't an adjustment due to currency because they would have been bought an agreed upon price already. Currency adjustments are usually set somewhere between 9-18 months in advance

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked Costco and they're joining in on the price gouging as well. Speed Champions Porsche 911 up to 24.79 from 19.99, Ferrari up to 28 from 25.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CLMF said:

Just checked Costco and they're joining in on the price gouging as well. Speed Champions Porsche 911 up to 24.79 from 19.99, Ferrari up to 28 from 25.

Many other items are below MSRP - 75276

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...