TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

6 hours ago, billybell991 said:

Hey folks!  I got a random email from TRU yesterday in response to that whole fiasco with those OOS Brickheadz from around a month or two ago.  Seemed weird, since I'd gotten a lot of cancellation notifications, soon after, and they were of the "5.00 off coupon" variety.  Anyway, looked at this one and it said "40% off your next online order".  Some fine print said it can't be combined with other offers/coupons or items ending in *.94.  But that it does work on sale items.  I gave it a shot and, sure enough, works!  

This seems like a pretty powerful coupon to me that can really be knocked out of the park.  Did anyone else get this coupon and what did you use it on (or are you waiting for Boxing Day sales)?.  Thanks!

Interesting, no email on my end (yet) but i will keep an eye out for it, i was certainly part of the group with tons of cancellations.

4 hours ago, Shneebs said:

Well, I have two 40% off coupons from two separate order cancellations...just put one of the codes to work... one Voltron (was out of stock, but it seems to have reappeared ?) and 5x Kylo BHeadz sets for a total of about $228 all in.... not bad...

I never got a 40% off email:(  Guess I didn't order enough.

Edited by kouks

7 hours ago, Shneebs said:

Well, I have two 40% off coupons from two separate order cancellations...just put one of the codes to work... one Voltron (was out of stock, but it seems to have reappeared ?) and 5x Kylo BHeadz sets for a total of about $228 all in.... not bad...

3 hours ago, kouks said:

I never got a 40% off email:(  Guess I didn't order enough.

Me neither!!

Sadly I haven't received a 40% off coupon either. However I did receive a 20% off code good for anything including sets that end in .94.  Just today

I also received a RBC offer that states 20% back on a statement credit with any purchase at Toys R Us. There is also no spending limit on this. 

These combined would add up to 36% off any Lego.  Guess I better go big and pray my order doesn't get cancelled or trashed.  This has been the

most expensive Lego month as far as I can remember. ?

24 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

Seems like most (if not all?) clearance items are an extra %30 off "online only", didn't see anything of interest really. If this were in-store i'd pick up some of the Clearance Lego sets I've seen collecting dust.

Short of Lego storage blocks, I can’t find any Lego clearance items online...

Hey folks!  Not sure about how things are going for you guys with your orders, but I find TRU has been a hot mess with mine lately.  First was the whole Brickheadz fiasco from a couple of months ago.  I didn't get any of those.  But, luckily, I got one of the 40% coupons for those cancellations (which is good so far).  So I ordered a bunch of stuff with that.  I've received 2 different shipments that have covered 2/3 of my order and just got a notification over email that the other 1/3 has been cancelled due to lack of stock.  This brought with it a 25% off coupon which has the same restrictions as the 40% off one.  Not to mention a few of the sets were quite smashed because they were thrown in with a couple of Technic Porsches.  So that meant a trip to the store to get those replaced as well.  I'm just about to go check out my credit card transactions to do the math and make sure I didn't get charged for the stuff I didn't actually receive.

Needless to say, this has NOT been a very good stretch for me and TRU.  I was reading other "service/company review" type websites and it seems like others (non-Lego folk) are experiencing the same type of things.

So, I guess the moral of this is that it looks like we're getting some sweet coupons and deals, but just know that it'll likely turn into headaches.

23 minutes ago, billybell991 said:

Hey folks!  Not sure about how things are going for you guys with your orders, but I find TRU has been a hot mess with mine lately.  First was the whole Brickheadz fiasco from a couple of months ago.  I didn't get any of those.  But, luckily, I got one of the 40% coupons for those cancellations (which is good so far).  So I ordered a bunch of stuff with that.  I've received 2 different shipments that have covered 2/3 of my order and just got a notification over email that the other 1/3 has been cancelled due to lack of stock.  This brought with it a 25% off coupon which has the same restrictions as the 40% off one.  Not to mention a few of the sets were quite smashed because they were thrown in with a couple of Technic Porsches.  So that meant a trip to the store to get those replaced as well.  I'm just about to go check out my credit card transactions to do the math and make sure I didn't get charged for the stuff I didn't actually receive.

Needless to say, this has NOT been a very good stretch for me and TRU.  I was reading other "service/company review" type websites and it seems like others (non-Lego folk) are experiencing the same type of things.

So, I guess the moral of this is that it looks like we're getting some sweet coupons and deals, but just know that it'll likely turn into headaches.

Things started going south when they launched the new site. Just browsing to find stuff is a mess (browse all Lego returns nothing when you click the image).

I also have the impression that some orders are fulfilled from stores, and that employees just don't give a damn about packaging. Store manager might be trying to keep packaging cost at minimum.

29 minutes ago, billybell991 said:

Yup ever since the new site launch everything has been a mess. I will say the stores are a better experience now with the new owner, but the site has a ways to go.

I'm still waiting for a $6 refund on incorrect shipping charges 2 months later, called and emailed multiple times, each time told refund was processing... i'll follow up again in the new year when they aren't as busy, hour wait on the phone not worth $6 right now...

Price matching form online is busted, searching items is wonky, stock disappears and reappears daily, not able to even checkout/purchase sometimes, phantom stock, the list goes on!

Overall though still glad Toysrus is still around, just need to fix their site/CS issues.

7 minutes ago, Titans888 said:

I really feel bad for some of you. I've been here every Cyber Monday and Thanksgiving in the past and posted up deals. This time around there were so many deals missed here.....either people were hiding info or they do not know. Unfortunately, the mods banned me from this forum.

I can name a few deals here. RBC offers 20% cash back for any TRU purchases until January. No mention here of this deal.

Installing Ampli on your phone gives you 20% cash back for TRU purchases, max of $250 cash back. You used this for GCs. Nobody said a word here.

Combine both deals and you get about 40% back. I tested all this out and it works.

Cyber Monday, there were the Ninjago Apocaplypseburg, Technic 4x4 remote controlled vehicle, Jurassic Park indoraptor, and a few others at near 50% discount on Amazon.ca. I maxed out my purchases there, did anyone catch any of those? Ninjago City Docks on TRU was less than 170 after slapping coupons. The Marvel Super Heroes Dr Strange Sanctum was had for $65 each after using the RBC offer on top of the 10% Rclub code.

Darth Maul Lightsabers were on sale for $113 on amazon.

Marvel Legends End Game Gauntlet for $59 on Amazon on cyber monday.

These are just a few.

Do you drive a Supra?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Now is a great time to be checking the shelves for clearance returns! (extra %30 off clearance)

Found a few Jedi Fighter w/Hyperdrive, a Nexo Knights set and 2 Classic Ocean's Bottom, all ending in .98. Could tell most of these were returns as they had scotch tape on them, and some even still had wrapping paper :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks!  Heads up that TRU are back to the "Retired Brickheadz Appearing to be in stock, but really aren't" game again.  I "bought" 3 Leias this morning and other things in my order shipped - but not the Leias.  Likely the same bug, but it was a good source of some sweet 25-40% off coupons last time, so still may be worth your while.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, billybell991 said:

Hey folks!  Heads up that TRU are back to the "Retired Brickheadz Appearing to be in stock, but really aren't" game again.  I "bought" 3 Leias this morning and other things in my order shipped - but not the Leias.  Likely the same bug, but it was a good source of some sweet 25-40% off coupons last time, so still may be worth your while.

Got a link to one of the Brickheadz? Or did they fix everything already. Don't see anything funky on my end this morning.