MOC Highlights

TheOrcKing

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Will 4 said:

If that is all Lego then ultimate respect

I don't quite get how they've built the grass and the trees and the gravel... looks so real.

:P 

Very cool photo, I do actually wonder how they did it... those don't look like standard Lego tracks. Photoshop wizardry or highly customized train display layout?

My first MOC - Ninjago Lighthouse Siege 2.0

A couple months back I got an Amazon bargain on a couple LEGO 70594 Lighthouse Siege, and that’s where it started.  My 8 year-old son and I had enjoyed the episode in which the lighthouse was featured.  The set has many great play features, but just doesn’t look that great… I thought, “Why not put two of these sets together and build a real Lighthouse Siege?” And so it began.

Collecting various images from the TV episode, I quickly discovered that Lego set 70594 bears almost no resemblance to the source material.

Grp1.jpg

• Like 2

Exceptional work! Would give more likes. Go post this in Member Mocs thread so I can give another. The build is excellent and merits one, but the fact it was a father son project.... bonus points! The design style is right up my alley, love it! 

• Like 1

Ken,

Nice work on the rock design/work at the base. Thanks for walking us through the design phase...I always enjoy hearing the thought process, the inspiration and seeing the the various steps in a build. And I'm sure your son enjoyed it too!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

I don't quite get how they've built the grass and the trees and the gravel... looks so real.

Very cool photo, I do actually wonder how they did it... those don't look like standard Lego tracks. Photoshop wizardry or highly customized train display layout?

I was referring to the train and carriages mainly the middle part of the loco which does not  look like Lego

2 hours ago, Will 4 said:

I was referring to the train and carriages mainly the middle part of the loco which does not  look like Lego

Looking at his Flickr we see:

Red vinyl has been used to replicate current parts that I did not have and also extremely old rare parts that were just too expensive too purchase ( such as the old style macaroni bricks www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=x1042a at $7.00 each!) These would give the smooth clean lines of the sloped boiler that is seen here. The gap between the sloped sections is generally covered by the hand rail, but me being me covered it all in vinyl as I dislike even the smallest gaps ;)

... so the purist would say that this is not the real thing.  

Whatever your view on this is, the final product does look good.

Edited by thebrickdad

13 hours ago, schmidtprojects said:
Hello everyone Today we finished our Lego Star Wars Battle on Hoth Echo Base MOC after 7 years of building. We tried to put as much details as possible of the movie in the moc and we think the result turned out really well. But that is just our opinion. What do you guys think? We'd like to get some opinions of you and what you like and what we could improve next time. Greetings to all of you

Hmm... 7 years... really?
I guess I'll be the one to say what we're all thinking.
Maybe if you took a little time to sit down and think about it, plan it out. Rather then rush through and try to get it done, you'd be a bit more satisfied.
I mean it's nice, but imagine if you put a full decade into it. Maybe then you'd see your dream start to come to life.

There's still time. Scrap it all and start over. Maybe in another 7 years you'll have something presentable.

Good luck. Best wishes =)