MOC Highlights

TheOrcKing

What do you guys think this cost to build?  
I would love to build something large some day but also know my limits with time and money so I'll start small

Have fun and start small.
Are you already building your own designs?
If not set some goals that interest you on the baseplate scale.
I'm far from a collection that could build something this large.

This is what the mother said in a news article, "decided they would not tally up the total cost."

Another build that was filmed by this YouTube channel, an Oregon waterfall, the builder stated as 100,000 bricks. If the part average was $.05, then $5000, or on higher side at $.10 then $10,000.

Answer is not cheap. If your other hobbies are hiking then this is expensive. If you drag race every weekend them not so expensive.

Those reddish brown supports you see everywhere came in one set afaik (temple of doom). New 6mo average $.86ea. Used 6mo average $.49

Cheers.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cozei said:

Are you already building your own designs?

I wish, a couple things need to happen first..

1. My two year old needs to stop dumping my sorted pieces. (I have the larger pieces in Hardware Bins so my 5 year old can find pieces at his height easily.)

2.  Three years need to pass as I believe the phase in #1 will pass by then and I need time to learn how all these pieces can interact with each other.

Anyway, back to the MOC Highlights!!! I love seeing them.

• Like 2

On 8.12.2016 at 6:36 PM, LegoMan1212 said:

What do you guys think this cost to build?  

I would love to build something large some day but also know my limits with time and money so I'll start small and go from there someday,  Need certain costs to be done before even having the discussion with my wife about doing something like this. ( costs like daycare, debt in general, savings for college squared away for kids, etc...)

You should be smart and send your kids to europe for their eduction and just don't spend so much money on it. And then use the money you saved for LEGO. I mean what's not smart about that? ^^ With prices in the USA I guess we're talking about quite some money. Also your kids will need to work a small job to earn their expenses. But who doesn't want to be a waiter or working at McDonalds? I mean common what's a better way to learn a new language?!