MOC Highlights

TheOrcKing

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:26 PM, Quacs said:

Here's my latest project - as I've now managed to collect all of the regular release Batman/DC/Superman minifigures, I've been trying to figure out a way to display them.  As I was doing a little Google search for inspiration, I came across an old Batman comic with members of the "Rogues' Gallery" in individual frames.

Seeing the different variants side-by-side gives a clearer picture between the years of advances in printing, artists, and ideas. I can imagine an entire special display just for all the 'Batmen' over time. Curious if the Micro Racer minifigures will be included in their own sort of exhibit piece.

• Like 1

On 17-10-2016 at 5:26 AM, Quacs said:

Here's my latest project - as I've now managed to collect all of the regular release Batman/DC/Superman minifigures, I've been trying to figure out a way to display them.  As I was doing a little Google search for inspiration, I came across an old Batman comic with members of the "Rogues' Gallery" in individual frames.

I really like your project. Since I came out of my dark ages I was not very interested in mini-figures but I really start to appreciate them. And your display is really awesome, congrats @Quacs!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

Seeing the different variants side-by-side gives a clearer picture between the years of advances in printing, artists, and ideas. I can imagine an entire special display just for all the 'Batmen' over time. Curious if the Micro Racer minifigures will be included in their own sort of exhibit piece.

I'm still trying to figure out a good display for the Batmen...I was thinking about a big collections of plates in the shape of the Batman logo, but I don't want to be too obvious/literal. I need to mull it over some more.

8 hours ago, Brenner said:

I really like your project. Since I came out of my dark ages I was not very interested in mini-figures but I really start to appreciate them. And your display is really awesome, congrats @Quacs!

I appreciate the kind words.  I agree with you that minifigures really started to grow on me the more sets my son received, and the Batman minifigures are all great.

30420665795_9473a1836d_b.jpg
WW1 Heavy Howitzer by Karf Oohlu

4 hours ago, Quacs said:

I'm still trying to figure out a good display for the Batmen...I was thinking about a big collections of plates in the shape of the Batman logo, but I don't want to be too obvious/literal. I need to mull it over some more.

One interesting though altogether large concept might be to give each Batman their own small vignette area (maybe 8x8) representing a little of their respective timeframes such as Adam West's Batman would be a colorful section of the Batcave while Christian Bale's in a dark alley or something. Another idea might be to create Batman's hall of suits with each within a 'glass' stand and using either a clear or dark minifigure head.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CrabslayerT said:

Are there plans or part list available for these?

Not that I'm aware of, but you can ask Mouseketeer himself over at Eurobricks: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/profile/128637-mouseketeer/content/

Add: the new cars are based on the passenger car and the trees car from 10197, so download those PDF instructions and you'll only need to make a few mods.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1