60064 - Arctic Supply Plane

ufema

eBay is up to $104 and climbing not that many for sale... Keeping mine long term.

Hopefully someone down south can help you out. I would but shipping and the higher MSRP might make it unrealistic ... But I've got a few.

I sold one on eBay for $100 US plus shipping yesterday.

Does anyone see this set appreciating to $175+shipping in the future or is 150 shipped the max. I found a couple more over the last few days and happily bought them.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

• Like 2

Does anyone see this set appreciating to $175+shipping in the future or is 150 shipped the max. I found a couple more over the last few days and happily bought them.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

I think 150-175 is the correct range.

Maybe higher but I do not think a lot.

Will be wanted by people to complete the set...

If town hall caught people off guard this set really caught people off guard.

Who would have thought it would disappear like that.

It is no town hall not even close and not saying it would be but it is even more rare in my opinion.

Hence thinking up to 200 as ceiling.

Sold at clearance at 40 by Lego.

Maybe it's me, but I don't get the allure of this set at all. No Huskies? Meh. Thought the Coast Guard plane and boat was way better.

I didn't it either until it became clear that completing my arctic collection looked like it might not happen. :)

Difficult to find seems to mean desired no matter how good or bad the set is!

I didn't it either until it became clear that completing my arctic collection looked like it might not happen. :)

Difficult to find seems to mean desired no matter how good or bad the set is!

At this point, it's rarity more than anything.

Word.

Everyone wants what they can't have.  The plane is not that exciting but it does complete the set.

At this point, it's rarity more than anything.

yup, wasn't even on peoples radar while buying up all the Arctic Icebreakers.  They were there just got overlooked until it was too late.

It is a pretty rare set.  $150 seems reasonable for the set completers.  Not sure anyone else outside of that would want it in the $200 range when there's other close planes.  

The last one I did sell though went to a ladies grandkid who chose that over the icebreaker she was willing to buy him.  So who knows.

I just owe ravenb99 big time...

I bought 4 from Toys R Us at MSRP and then said this thing is a dog I am going to return and he told me to keep them and if they lost out he would buy them from me.  What a pal.  I originally bought some off someone on brick picker somewhere saying someone said it was retiring...  Turns out whoever said that was right on.  I sold 2 of the 4 but collected 6 more at clearance prices.  Happy.

• Like 2

in all jest, trek if you want the 60064; i can sell you mine :P for $175

LOL! That is ok I have 2 at 50 and 6 at 40.

I tried to order some from Amazon Japan (from someone on here mentioning earlier today) but while they are about 66 plus shipping they do not ship to the USA.

I do not feel like playing LEGO Shop at Home dial a phone over this one...

I tried to order some from Amazon Japan (from someone on here mentioning earlier today) but while they are about 66 plus shipping they do not ship to the USA.

I do not feel like playing LEGO Shop at Home dial a phone over this one...

yeah sorry bro, they were 38$ like a week ago.  After I posted in the wrong thread they sold out quickly.  You can also only order stuff from Amazon Japan with a Japanese address.

I don't put much stock into what's in instruction booklets or on boxes since we all know they're designed well in advance of the set appearing on shelves and especially their retirement, but I finished building the Arctic Base Camp last night (which is a really neat set .. not sure it's $110 CDN neat, but it's what I paid for it neat - my 4 year spent a lot of time playing with it as a built it).

But... This is the back page of the last instruction booklet:

post-8090-0-02764000-1424187631_thumb.pn

No cargo plane... and I realized as I was looking at it that it's also numbered out of sequence. Makes for interesting speculation.... Afterthought set? Maybe they were testing something out and it was intentionally limited? The conspiracy theories are endless. :)

After building the base camp, I just want to crack open all the other sets and build them too!

** Edit.. And yes I know the icebreaker isn't on there either. It's also numbered differently too: 60062. **

Edited by gregpj

• 3 weeks later...

I think there is a point where set rarity comes into play outside of theme demand. This one in North America is already a double. It disappeared extremely quickly and under the cover of Christmas. Many would have made the assumption they would pick this set up on sale or clearance at a later time and being nothing special wouldn't have to worry.

I know others have commented that sets with this short of availability are few but I wonder if any city experts have any comparable sets in mind?

• Like 1