75098 - UCS: Assault on Hoth

bricketycricket

2 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

The word on the street is it has been put back to May.

Which street exactly...? I guess this becomes May the fourth then. Which then bodes the question, what was originally scheduled for May fourth & got bumped further?

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Which street exactly...? I guess this becomes May the fourth then. Which then bodes the question, what was originally scheduled for May fourth & got bumped further?

Market Street?

That is probably also why Lego mentioned the more EV's will follow in January. It has to stay till May probably. Till Hoth.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Hogi said:

Hoth echo base wont include an atat. Even at 200 price point the remaining parts for the buildings wouldnt be enough. Atat has 1100 parts alone. Id bet my complete atat stash on this

(quote from the ATAT thread)

I would say about vehicules that the echo base:

- will not provide an AT-AT because it would be unscaled (and it does not fit with the price). Either with the base itself, or with the pilots of the AT-AT (it would look weird, nearly like a big microfighter set, strange for a UCS set, hu ?)

- I'm really not sure about snowspeeders. Maybe a new model, slightly smaller, to fit inside the base

- and maybe they will release an AT-ST. I know that this baby is faaaaar more related with battles on Endor (episode VI) but it still makes a (quick) appearance in the episode V (in the backgrounds).

About this last point, I have to say that I'm really surprised that the last AT-ST (in "normal" scale, something like a 2016 $79 set, not a $9.99 mini-crap) has been released in 2007... (or in 2009 within the 8038 battle of Endor set)

Maybe Lego wait for the Ewok village to be retired to provide an AT-ST, who knows, they sometimes act this way (sets that are related not sold at the same time)

Edited by biniou

9 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

If the set's called 'Assault on Hoth', what's going to be doing the assaulting if not an AT-AT?

I realize that it's not "hoth base"... so could it be some rebels making an assault on the empire army ??? (I always thought it would be the other way)

Like, a set with a snowspeeder fighting an ATAT ?

I think this could be Lego's attempt at a UCS AT-AT. I think the set could be centered around an AT-AT (2000 pieces) with a few other bits and bobs making up the rest, like a couple of defence turrets, some small buildings etc. Essentially a big AT-AT based playset with around 2800 pieces (RRP €249).

12 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

I think this could be Lego's attempt at a UCS AT-AT. I think the set could be centered around an AT-AT (2000 pieces) with a few other bits and bobs making up the rest, like a couple of defence turrets, some small buildings etc. Essentially a big AT-AT based playset with around 2800 pieces (RRP €249).

Or it could be that with great success of episode 7, this set is put on ice, and another ucs based on new movie will be released instead.

On 1/20/2016 at 6:43 AM, tractorboy said:

doubtful.  there have already been details saying it has a snowspeeder, wampa, ice cave, rebel hanger, etc.  Basically it was similar to what was in that video that was a "teaser" from lego last year.  If you want an at-at they just had one that is still not completely retired. I don't buy the at-at rumors one bit.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

doubtful.  there have already been details saying it has a snowspeeder, wampa, ice cave, rebel hanger, etc.  Basically it was similar to what was in that video that was a "teaser" from lego last year.  If you want an at-at they just had one that is still not completely retired. I don't buy the at-at rumors one bit.

What's the source of that info? I haven't heard any AT-AT rumours, I'm just speculating. I've seen the teaser vid, but haven't seen any confirmation of that being an actual set.

Ok I've seen the article on Brickfan, I guess that's the source.

Edited by tractorboy

This looks to be around a 2000 piece set after looking at the weight (6.52 lbs.) of the set.  Could it be an AT-AT, sure.  The older versions were half that weight and price, so a much larger version could be in the works.  But the name, if accurate, doesn't work with a solo AT-AT.  So maybe a largish play set with an AT-AT and some Rebel base setup?

• Like 1

• I'm hoping it's a more complete and detailed combination of 7666 and 7879.  Both sets combined have ~1,300 pieces so if this is close to 2,000 it should do the trick.  I wouldn't mind seeing another AT-ST as it's been a while since LEGO has given us one.  Though hopefully they don't waste any pieces on another speeder bike.

15443.jpg

7879-0000-xx-14-1.jpg

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 1

Some food for thought.

75054 AT-AT = 1,137 pieces    MSRP 109.99 (2014)

7879 Hoth Echo Base = 548 Pieces  MSRP 49.99 (2007)

7666 Hoth Rebal Base  =  773 pieces MSRP 89.99 (2011)

If you combine all of these you get 2,458 pieces and a combined MSRP of right at 250.

Considering streamlining and taking out the repetitive pieces in both sets this looks like EXACTLY what is being described.  So i look for some kind of combination of these three to hit.  

• Like 2

Whether or not it will, I can't see why anyone would say it can't have an AT-AT and some sort of a base for the price being thrown around. I would expect that if the price rumors and name are accurate, it would be a 1,200ish piece AT-AT with a little bigger 7666 Hoth Rebel Base type set-up plus a shield generator for around another 1,000 pieces. I have no idea what it will be but to say it isn't possible doesn't make much sense. 

• 3 weeks later...