79003 - An Unexpected Gathering

if you were a LOTR/HObbit fan, and 10 years from now you wanted one set on your desk or shelf at work or home, you'd probably want this one.

Orthanc tower is way too big for most folks, and Helms Deep is too wide. This one is perfect, and comes with a bunch of hobbitses.

$50 today, $200 1 year after the line leaves the shelves.

Bold on the $200 prediction...I think it might go that high, but I really don't think a year is a reasonable time frame for that kind of growth. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty and love the set, but it has had a good run and has been widely available and widely discounted at times.

if you were a LOTR/HObbit fan, and 10 years from now you wanted one set on your desk or shelf at work or home, you'd probably want this one.

Orthanc tower is way too big for most folks, and Helms Deep is too wide. This one is perfect, and comes with a bunch of hobbitses.

$50 today, $200 1 year after the line leaves the shelves.

Not a chance this set ever hits $200, probably not even above $100 with all the BPers hoarding sets now.  Just because people are reviving this thread there will be a few thousand more of this set stored away by investors/collectors.

Edited by JRandall

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little bit surprised that it wasn't mentioned yet, but 79003 is "Sold out" at LEGO Shop at Home Europe since at least Sunday.

Now if only North America would move to sold out, BPers would panic buy up all the remaining brick and mortar stock and happiness would prevail!