City 2015

TheOrcKing

I know my 6 year old is going to have a field day with the little port-o-potty set. Can hear the laughing now.

I like how in the Demolition Starter Set the one guy takes his jackhammer to the toilet. :lol:

15454328992_a56bb2207e_b.jpg

I love that swamp stuff. It will fit my redneck Louisiana scene.

I like how after years, Lego finally redesigned (or gave us a new one) on the ol' gater.

15451526361_93d7589804_o.png

I noticed in both police sets the crooks are chicks. Gender equality at last!

Anyway, this is the one part I thought was pretty kickass; new motorcycle body styles!

15267910079_edf25dec4e_o.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well here is another City set I don't recall spotting before.

Yay!(heavy sarcasm) 

ANOTHER of the exact same hatchback car Lego has been making for the last 5 years.  C'mon.

I do like the tow-truck, however. 

As for buildings, yes, I wholeheartedly agree.  Lego City needs more everyday buildings for cities.

Lego City needs more everyday buildings for cities. 

To be (about) appropriate in size, houses would have to be bigger than those vehicules, also meaning more difficult to build because of the details (roof structure, etc.).

I think that's the reason why houses can mostly be found in the 3 in 1 creator theme (for older kids), not in city sets (expect for big and simple builds like the police station, the fire brigade, the garage, and some tiny houses, nearly the size of a shack, with only 2 or 3 walls and 1 one half-roof).

Edited by biniou

To be (about) appropriate in size, houses would have to be bigger than those vehicules, also meaning more difficult to build because of the details (roof structure, etc.).

I think that's the reason why houses can mostly be found in the 3 in 1 creator theme (for older kids), not in city sets (expect for big and simple builds like the police station, the fire brigade, the garage, and some tiny houses, nearly the size of a shack, with only 2 or 3 walls and 1 one half-roof).

I hear ya, but I'm not expecting minifigure scale buildings, just a building.  It's been how many years since the last gas station?  What about a proper bank, post office, fast food restaurant you could customize to be different franchises?  The possibilities are endless.   I'm sure the problem is buildings like this are not attractive to kids and are not good sellers except to those that want a Lego city.  Kids like cars and trucks and Lego will have a non-stop supply of them.