Boscov

Bold-Arrow

I had my two Benny's cancelled due to no stock and my one bike shop. Ordered 1 each of the new friends sets for my daughter, those shipped. Two emmet construction mech, shipped, one dropship shipped (had the cancelled bike shop with it). As long as they promptly bill me correctly I will be fine with it. I didn't go crazy.

Not sure if it's the higher rate AmEx charges but the 1 order that was on AmEx was the one that was cancelled, the 2 Master Cards went through. I didn't know how they would react to multiple orders is why I used multiple cards/email addresses.

Edited by dcdfan

My order status said shipped, and then customer service called me and asked for $40 for each order extra for shipping ($80 total). I told them to cancel it.

It was 1 x Cinderella castle and 10 x Death star troopers . Other order was 10 x kashyyyk troopers and 10 x death star troopers. Oh well. It was great till it lasted. 

Edited by siddji

Haha, got an email from Boscovs requesting $70 S&**** for one order of 60 units of Emerald Express. At 2.8 oz. per unit, that comes out to an 11-12lb package. This should cost no more than $10-$15 without any high volume shipping discounts. Not to mention it was supposed to be free shipping. I might as well cancel and go on about my business. The company, although they may not know it, will lose out on a lot of potential future business from ppl in this forum after this debacle.

They emailed me again asking for the extra shipping charges and I immediately replied that my attorney would be contacting them to talk about: Bait and Switch, Breach of Contract and False Advertising over this. They almost instantly replied saying they would waive the shipping charges for me. I would suggest everyone do the same if you want to keep your orders. I really don't think they are legally allowed to do this (without having seen any disclaimer on the free shipping) and should not be trying to do so.

• Like 3

I ordered 26 items yesterday morning and received the order confirmation e-mail.

So far, as of now, I have received 1 invoice e-mail stating 1 item will be shipped. The super secret police dropship. 25 more to go...

And no contact regarding shipping charges, yet. I only placed one large order. Oops.

Edited by minicoopers11

They emailed me again asking for the extra shipping charges and I immediately replied that my attorney would be contacting them to talk about: Bait and Switch, Breach of Contract and False Advertising over this. They almost instantly replied saying they would waive the shipping charges for me. I would suggest everyone do the same if you want to keep your orders. I really don't think they are legally allowed to do this (without having seen any disclaimer on the free shipping) and should not be trying to do so.

How to reply to Boscovs, like a boss.

The company, although they may not know it, will lose out on a lot of potential future business from ppl in this forum after this debacle.

I can't imagine they want business like this. They have to be losing at these prices esp with free shipping. It's not like any of us would ever order anything else from there. 

I just got an invoice with the following items on it:

5x Emerald Express

4x Cinderella's Carriage

1x Ariel's Treasures

1x Ariel's Magic Kiss

1x Mos Eisley Cantina

1x Knowhere Escape Mission (I ordered 2 but it looks like only 1 will be shipped)

The amount looks correct and I wasn't asked for any additional shipping charges.  I didn't order until yesterday morning, but my order was also probably one of the smaller ones here.  Now to get a shipping notice and see what actually gets charged to my credit card. 

I just got an invoice with the following items on it:

5x Emerald Express

4x Cinderella's Carriage

1x Ariel's Treasures

1x Ariel's Magic Kiss

1x Mos Eisley Cantina

1x Knowhere Escape Mission (I ordered 2 but it looks like only 1 will be shipped)

The amount looks correct and I wasn't asked for any additional shipping charges.  I didn't order until yesterday morning, but my order was also probably one of the smaller ones here.  Now to get a shipping notice and see what actually gets charged to my credit card. 

looks like they are going on LIFO (last in first out). smaller order i placed yesterday also got fulfilled. all cancelled orders were from 9/28 amongst the very first orders.

Edited by newbie77

Got a partial order confirmation

So far:

1 out of 10 Disney Princess Castles

6 out of 10 Disney Princess Carriages

1 out of 5 Knowhere Escape Mission

8 for 25, great batting average but not to good for confirmed orders.  Had 2 orders,  one early then one about in the middle of when the major ordering was going on

Haven't seen a cancel so it might just be multiple orders

I can't imagine they want business like this. They have to be losing at these prices esp with free shipping. It's not like any of us would ever order anything else from there. 

their margin might be thin but they are getting a lot of cash out of their inventory that was not being sold right?

if they don't mess up the order; get it right and don't get returns they should be all right!

looks like they are going on LIFO (last in first out). smaller order i placed yesterday also got fulfilled. all cancelled orders were from 9/28 amongst the very first orders.

LIFO does not seem to be the case for me. I placed two smaller orders and they are processing in the order I placed them. One has already shipped and the other one is processing.

Are big orders getting cancelled? 

it seems to me that their inventory system is not accurate/exact (surprise! its the same with any retailer. ). 

from the orders i have placed, it seems to me that they are going on LIFO (last in first out) at least in my case. most likely it depends on how the filler looks @ the orders right? usually in any system the latest order will be @ the bottom and the filler looks like is filling from there. so by the time they got to the first orders which has large order (they did not have enough left to fulfill) hence they are cancelling. @ least that's what's happening to me. trying to put a logical explanation to what happened.

i had placed a single order of 6XLEGO

Edited by newbie77

it seems to me that their inventory system is not accurate/exact (surprise! its the same with any retailer. ). 

from the orders i have placed, it seems to me that they are going on LIFO (last in first out) at least in my case. most likely it depends on how the filler looks @ the orders right? usually in any system the latest order will be @ the bottom and the filler looks like is filling from there. so by the time they got to the first orders which has large order (they did not have enough left to fulfill) hence they are cancelling. @ least that's what's happening to me. trying to put a logical explanation to what happened.

i had placed a single order of 6XLEGO

That's cool it worked out for you.  But did you not see the giant text next to the Free Shipping offer that says exclusions apply, which takes you to:

http://www.boscovs.com/wcsstore/boscovs/images/store/product/docs/DeliveryChoicesAndCosts.pdf

"We reserve the right to levy a special shipping surcharge where a large number of items are ordered. Before levying such charge, we will contact you with the proposed amount of the charge. If you do not want to accept the surcharge, we will cancel your order without any penalty to you."

They'll probably just insta-cancel your orders from now on.

Edited by SnowmanOlaf

I think since they fulfill from the B&M store that although they may have 50 of an item in stock if it exceeds the quantity that an individual store has your order will get canceled.  Unless they would have to ship from multiple stores to complete an order. Perhaps extra shipping charges are for multiple store fulfillments. 

Just theories

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

Happens to follow LIFO. But what I really see are your large quantity orders are cancelled while your small quantity order(s) are fulfilled.

i wouldn't go that far since they did process few orders with over 40Xitems. that were shipped.

yes most of the orders that were cancelled were large orders but they happened to be placed @ the very first as well. so i would likely put the "emphasis" on that their count were off and by the time they reached top didn't have enough to fill hence cancelled rather than partially filling.