10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

10 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

apparently an atrium

Actually a Conservatory.  

A conservatory is a building or room having glass roofing and walls used as a greenhouse or a sunroom. If in a residence, it would typically be attached to the house on only one side. Conservatories originated in the 16th century when wealthy landowners sought to cultivate citrus fruits such as lemons and oranges that began to appear on their dinner tables brought by traders from warmer regions of the Mediterranean.

• Like 2

Just now, pstebbing said:

Actually a Conservatory.  

A conservatory is a building or room having glass roofing and walls used as a greenhouse or a sunroom. If in a residence, it would typically be attached to the house on only one side. Conservatories originated in the 16th century when wealthy landowners sought to cultivate citrus fruits such as lemons and oranges that began to appear on their dinner tables brought by traders from warmer regions of the Mediterranean.

Whoopty doo, anyway, do they all have them?

• 1 month later...
HH is a superb set... Wish I could go back in time...

Been thinking of buying piece after price through Bricklink. How much would this cost?

Also with the Town Hall...

Rumor is the July refresh of the BAP walls will have sand green bricks. So you might be able to pick up a bunch (and make some subs) at a good price to BL it.

2 hours ago, miguelze said:

Also with the Town Hall...

Don't bricklink a Town Hall. Buying a used set will cost the same and probably be cheaper. I did a town hall, spent over $400 and didn't get a manual plus I'm still missing a few minifigures. Didn't do enough research before diving in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marcandre said:

Don't bricklink a Town Hall. Buying a used set will cost the same and probably be cheaper. I did a town hall, spent over $400 and didn't get a manual plus I'm still missing a few minifigures. Didn't do enough research before diving in. 

In case you are in Santa Cruz, Bay Area ... town hall on craigslist for $100. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/tag/5639174902.html Posted a couple of days ago.

1 minute ago, dcdfan said:

IIRC, a BP member saw them in the Lego store...

Well, if you're talking about back in March and April, yes, there were some sand green bricks at Pick-A-Brick Walls because of the Statue of Liberty Pick-A-Build. But mostly 1x1 bricks some flats and other small pieces. A few stores had 1x4 bricks. But I was wondering about this "July refresh" rumor...

3 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Okay, they must be out now.  I picked up a big bag full of them when I was there last, but that was about 3-4 weeks ago.

I'm assuming you're talking about the small pieces for 3850911-1 Statue of Liberty pick-a-model? The had them in NYC when I was there in April, but only 1x1 bricks, 1x1 with side studs, 1x2 tiles, 1x2 plates, 1x4 plates, and 3 other tiny pieces. No bricks bigger than 1x1, which is what everybody wants: 1x2, 1x4, 1x6, or 1x8 bricks. Did you find any of those?

14 minutes ago, Sharkfin182 said:

I'm assuming you're talking about the small pieces for 3850911-1 Statue of Liberty pick-a-model? The had them in NYC when I was there in April, but only 1x1 bricks, 1x1 with side studs, 1x2 tiles, 1x2 plates, 1x4 plates, and 3 other tiny pieces. No bricks bigger than 1x1, which is what everybody wants: 1x2, 1x4, 1x6, or 1x8 bricks. Did you find any of those?

Yes, those are the pieces, but I couldn't remember what size they had.

I'll have to dig out the supply I bought at LEGOLAND last month.  I don't remember off the top of my head right now if they had 1x2 (or bigger) bricks.  I *think* they did, but it's fuzzy right now.

Do some stores still allow purchase by the box like that? I heard back in the day they'd let you take an entire case of a brick type... or fill a case with a mixed batch and charge a better rate than buying 12+ large cups. Fact or Fiction? I can't imagine having that much building inventory on hand... so awesome. There's easily enough bricks in those two boxes to build half of Big Ben in sand green! :P