Creator 2015

Alpinemaps

Yep.  I am resisting buying another one to make the "taller" secondary build and then see what I can do by combining the 2 sets.

Kmart has them for MSRP but if you add a pack of stickers you can get $10 back in points.

$10 off on a $30 set ? It's sweet. :)

The taller version is sweet too, but the window/door is too big IMO

31035-10.jpg

It would have been better to hide the top and bottom window of this door, to have just a skylight.

TOK:

Next step: build this MOC and crush it with your bare hands

scouter-LEGO-dragon-ball.jpg

^^

• Like 2

The taller version is sweet too, but the window/door is too big IMO

It would have been better to hide the top and bottom window of this door, to have just a skylight.

If there was a true second floor or little taller main floor, the triple-window frame could have looked better. Otherwise another option would be to have the window frame at an angle matching the slope of the surrounding roof making it a full skylight.

TOK:

Next step: build this MOC and crush it with your bare hands

Nice.

So I went to the Lego store today and bought my third Beach Hut one of the new Sand Base Plates a large pick a brick of yellow and sand bricks and I had some white at home. This is what I have gotten done so far. Too much yellow? I know it needs more detail I will add a sofa and a keg inside tomorrow. Sorry if the pics come out sideways.

post-31269-0-39846000-1421564829_thumb.j

post-31269-0-56397100-1421564857_thumb.j

post-31269-0-82912100-1421564880_thumb.j

post-31269-0-97885800-1421564908_thumb.j

• Like 2

This is what I have gotten done so far. Too much yellow?

Reminds me of my first builds as a kid where the most bricks I had were yellow thanks to the original Castle set. It does seem a tad overboard but the abode is missing the dark blue roof so right now there is just a bunch of yellow to look at with some white mixed in making it even brighter visually. I take you are going for a single floor with attic? If there aren't enough yellow bricks for the walls, perhaps a roof patio to one side is possible?

Reminds me of my first builds as a kid where the most bricks I had were yellow thanks to the original Castle set. It does seem a tad overboard but the abode is missing the dark blue roof so right now there is just a bunch of yellow to look at with some white mixed in making it even brighter visually. I take you are going for a single floor with attic? If there aren't enough yellow bricks for the walls, perhaps a roof patio to one side is possible?

Yes, I am just going to use the dark blue slopes to make as steep as a roof as possible to give it some more height. I wanted to do another set of sliding doors off the back with a second story pool, but I don't think I have any more medium blue so I would have to break down and open a seaside house. I haven't tried anything like this since I was a kid and the best thing was I didn't have to super OCD sort or follow no stinking directions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...