Creator 2015

Alpinemaps

I'm going to let TOK start the Creator 2015 thread, and do all his magic there.  But wanted to get this out there.

The Brick Fan posted the first rumored Creator 2015 sets.  They include:

Blue Racer

Sea Plane

Cargo Helicopter

Red Go-Kart

Vehicle Transporter

Beach Hut

Toy & Grocery Shop

The Toy & Grocery Shop sounds similar to this year's Bike Shop & Cafe.  To me, that's awesome.  I like the idea of smaller buildings, lower cost entry point, multiple designs, and filling a niche that's missing in the city theme.

I bought two of the Bike Shop & Cafes, because I like two of the three designs a lot.  They're much smaller, so easier to display within my Winter Village and Halloween Town displays.  I wanted a City Hall, but compared to the rest of the buildings in my display, City Hall would just dwarf them.  I like this much better.

• Like 1

The Brick Fan is reporting that a member on Brickset is reporting a new modular:

I'd expect the US retail price to be $200. Anyone have thoughts, additional rumors, or comments?

via The Brick Fan

Not surprising at all.  They were due another gov't agency since the last couple were retail establishments.   Would prefer a hospital, but a police station type will be nice as well.  I wonder if they will stick with the older time period them like Fire Brigade or if they will go modern with the vehicle.  You would think they would go with an old school paddy wagon or something like that.

The Brick Fan is reporting that a member on Brickset is reporting a new modular:

I'd expect the US retail price to be $200. Anyone have thoughts, additional rumors, or comments?

via The Brick Fan

So the next modular shall be a straight section government building. Well at least the modular releases is one pattern Lego has been consistent with. The

Not surprising at all. They were due another gov't agency since the last couple were retail establishments. Would prefer a hospital, but a police station type will be nice as well. I wonder if they will stick with the older time period them like Fire Brigade or if they will go modern with the vehicle. You would think they would go with an old school paddy wagon or something like that.

Aren't detective agencies private enterprises?

Precisely what I pointed out. The sterling pound amount stated for this upcoming Detective Agency is the same as the Parisian Restaurant.

The extra $10 was because the Parisian Restaurant had a higher piece count than the usual Modular, so I would expect around 2500 pieces.  From an appearance standpoint, I visualize a darker Modular...in the greys, dark greys and black.  Detective Agencies of the movies and old TV were dark and seedy places.

The extra $10 was because the Parisian Restaurant had a higher piece count than the usual Modular, so I would expect around 2500 pieces. From an appearance standpoint, I visualize a darker Modular...in the greys, dark greys and black. Detective Agencies of the movies and old TV were dark and seedy places.

That's what I'm hoping for; a nice dark brooding moody modular with a James Cagney minifigure.

Would be fantastic if the agency was on the second floor, with a speakeasy/bar on the 1st, but I'm sure they won't do that.

I think you're right with the agency being on the second floor as for what may be on the first is anyone's guess. A barber shoppe perhaps.
  • Like 1

The extra $10 was because the Parisian Restaurant had a higher piece count than the usual Modular, so I would expect around 2500 pieces.  From an appearance standpoint, I visualize a darker Modular...in the greys, dark greys and black.  Detective Agencies of the movies and old TV were dark and seedy places.

For color scheme, I hope it is light and dark bley with dark blue trim.  I know it's not the most colorful, but it would make the most sense.  I could see some of the dark tan that Fire Brigade used as well.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

really like the idea of a detective agency.  Sherlock Holmes will have his own building but a **** Tracy minifig would be better

Guest brickcrazyhouse

really like the idea of a detective agency.  Sherlock Holmes will have his own building but a **** Tracy minifig would be better

really the mans name was edited