79018 - The Lonely Mountain

Love the commitment here! Are you still following through with the 3-1 ratio to BSSS from your previous post? Personally I'm not a real believer in the BSSS, it doesn't do anything for me.

I checked the acronyms thread and searched back 10 pages but couldn't find it.  What, may I ask, is BSSS?

Love the commitment here! Are you still following through with the 3-1 ratio to BSSS from your previous post? Personally I'm not a real believer in the BSSS, it doesn't do anything for me.

Haha... I didn't bother to check the mark up because I didn't buy any Lego. Kids left with some rescue bots and legacy power ranger stuff. Will be visiting the Lego store near Flatiron tomorrow but with the dollar crappy I'm only spending my VIP points!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bought it for the dragon ^.^

If I remember correctly it has been gone for quite some time from LEGO Shop at Home Europe so I guess it was about time.

It's actually retired in Europe.  I think that happened in June, if I remember correctly.  They had a fire sale on hobbit and lego movie sets and many were retired during that period.

The Lego store in Troy MI had a bunch.  The TRUs in Oakland County, MI have a bunch.  Meijer has a bunch (And those are in Oakland and Macomb County MI) as well so I am glad it looks like it is thinking of going but there are still a truck load out there to be had. 

I was pulling them down for $70 to $80 a piece and it has lasted longer than I thought it would so let's make it go away!!! yeah. 

The Lego store in Troy MI had a bunch.  The TRUs in Oakland County, MI have a bunch.  Meijer has a bunch (And those are in Oakland and Macomb County MI) as well so I am glad it looks like it is thinking of going but there are still a truck load out there to be had. 

I was pulling them down for $70 to $80 a piece and it has lasted longer than I thought it would so let's make it go away!!! yeah. 

I bet these are gone very soon.  Walmart, TRU, and Amazon still have them at a price of 116.00.  They are gone at target.  I've been sitting at my target for a while on these, but i'm always tempted to buy some more.  The prices have spiked in europe, but i'm hesitant to buy more because i'm not sure they will do the same here in the states.  Other than the Unexpected Gathering, most of the theme has idled to barely going more than 20% above RRP and most of those sets are nearing or already beyond a year of retirement.   But I do think the LM is up there with UG in terms of potential.

Not to poop in anyone's cheerios, but the general unimpressive performance of the Hobbit/LOTR in general makes this seem like a big risk at the buy in price. Why do people feel this will fare better than say, Helm's Deep or Mines of Moria? Simply the Dragon?

If you look at EU sales you will want to stay well away from Smaug unles the drago be slain at 50% off.

Not to poop in anyone's cheerios, but the general unimpressive performance of the Hobbit/LOTR in general makes this seem like a big risk at the buy in price. Why do people feel this will fare better than say, Helm's Deep or Mines of Moria? Simply the Dragon?

if you talk down the hobbit/ Lotr sets I'll be popping in your Cheerios :P 

It's definitely a risk but it's a short-lived set with the best Lego dragon mould yet, so there is hope.