Jump to content

79018 - The Lonely Mountain


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/LEGO-NEW-SEALED-79018-THE-HOBBIT-SMAUG-THE-LONELY-MOUNTAIN-/222135968742?hash=item33b855e3e6:g:gogAAOSwR5dXTXsl

124 euros, which is less than RRP 1 year after retirement. Looks like Smaug is going to have a long wait on his hands to reach acceptable levels.

BIN all seem to go for around 155 euros and when no one lists below 200 there are no sales.

It's already 30% over RRP on Amazon US and will be over $200 during the holidays 2016.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

  Of course it is still early (or not yet even) in the "EOL" stage for all sets in this theme but you are correct that overall it has not been too good investment-wise.   By CA

  I have 21 at the moment all purchased for $83+ tax. I am selling some of them to other brickpicker members but I would happily pick up any more that I find. Calling others delusional who

Discounted or not, many of you will be sorry when this set retires and you don't own one.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It's already 30% over RRP on Amazon US and will be over $200 during the holidays 2016.

Because you guys didn´t have an armada of crazy British quick flippers who got them for less than half price who are single handedly destroying euro residuals for this bad boy.

I guess that means the Tumbler will be stuck for another year too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Because you guys didn´t have an armada of crazy British quick flippers who got them for less than half price who are single handedly destroying euro residuals for this bad boy.

I guess that means the Tumbler will be stuck for another year too.

200% ROI in weeks baby, 200% :money:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure TLC didn't make this dragon mold for a one time dragon figure.  You'll be seeing it again when the next Medevial/Kingdom/Castle line comes out. Hell, you might see it in Nexo Knights.  

So that being said, I wouldn't count on the dragon as the sole driving force behind any meaningful profit for this set in retirement.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scuttfarkas said:

I'm sure TLC didn't make this dragon mold for a one time dragon figure.  You'll be seeing it again when the next Medevial/Kingdom/Castle line comes out. Hell, you might see it in Nexo Knights.  

So that being said, I wouldn't count on the dragon as the sole driving force behind any meaningful profit for this set in retirement.  

Yeah, but if that happens, that dragon won't be Smaug.  Similar to how the Dino line dinos aren't exactly like the ones in Jurassic World.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Val-E said:

Because you guys didn´t have an armada of crazy British quick flippers who got them for less than half price who are single handedly destroying euro residuals for this bad boy.

 

God bless them :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 6.8.2016 at 5:07 PM, Don-T said:

I've the possibility to buy the LM for RRP (119 EUR) from an investor who bought them at low price in the UK. He has 5 in stock and has to decrease his stock. How much would you buy? Or let them pass?

Pass my details on to that guy if you let them pass ;-) I've sold a ton of them that I got at 30-50% of last year and made a really nice profit...I think it's a good set..

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Don-T said:

I've the possibility to buy the LM for RRP (119 EUR) from an investor who bought them at low price in the UK. He has 5 in stock and has to decrease his stock. How much would you buy? Or let them pass?

If he can´t turn a good quick profit at his buy-in (at current massively favourable exchange rate for international sales), what makes you think you will for almost double plus shipping? I´d pass looking at recent  sales on ebay,

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a buddy I know in the neighborhood, who bought them when they were at low price in the UK. Before they retired.

He wanna switch / decrease his stock and offered them to me for RRP before he will offer at ebay. So he got his gains because of his low buyin (Yes he could earn more at other platforms / ebay but at this way he could drop his whole lot in one transaction to me which is more comfortable) and the question is: take it or leave it.

I think the set could hit the 190 EUR at Christmas, so i'm thinking to flip 3 at this time and hold 2 for long term..

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Don-T said:

It's a buddy I know in the neighborhood, who bought them when they were at low price in the UK. Before they retired.

He wanna switch / decrease his stock and offered them to me for RRP before he will offer at ebay. So he got his gains because of his low buyin (Yes he could earn more at other platforms / ebay but at this way he could drop his whole lot in one transaction to me which is more comfortable) and the question is: take it or leave it.

I think the set could hit the 190 EUR at Christmas, so i'm thinking to flip 3 at this time and hold 2 for long term..

buy them at that price, all of them

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Don-T said:

It's a buddy I know in the neighborhood, who bought them when they were at low price in the UK. Before they retired.

He wanna switch / decrease his stock and offered them to me for RRP before he will offer at ebay. So he got his gains because of his low buyin (Yes he could earn more at other platforms / ebay but at this way he could drop his whole lot in one transaction to me which is more comfortable) and the question is: take it or leave it.

I think the set could hit the 190 EUR at Christmas, so i'm thinking to flip 3 at this time and hold 2 for long term..

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I´d offer 500 euros for the lot - 1 year since EOL prices are in stagnation and that money could be better invested in 3 or so months when some cool in-demand sets will retire.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...

any fellow BPer willing to sell me his/her own NIB or used/complete copy at BP price (USA new $ 173.15 - used $ 131.00 - Europe new  € 152.33 used  € 138.73) -5% discount (so we can make 50/50 on the ebay/paypal commissions) - I did check BC prior to add this post but I could not find any offer out there

I would of course pay shipping cost to USA or Italy

please PM if you interested

Edited by Simon74
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Simon74 said:

any fellow BPer willing to sell me his/her own NIB or used/complete copy at BP price (USA new $ 173.15 - used $ 131.00 - Europe new  € 152.33 used  € 138.73) -5% discount (so we can make 50/50 on the ebay/paypal commissions) - I did check BC prior to add this post but I could not find any offer out there

I would of course pay shipping cost to USA or Italy

please PM if you interested

PM sent

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...