Brickpicker Fantasy Football League

Congrats to the plasticmanor for winning our first ever brickpicker fantasy football championship! It was a fun season and hopefully everyone enjoyed themselves, even if your season wasn't as successful as you had hoped. I have sent the prize money to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers via a paypal friends payment. If you choose to spend your winnings on a lego set(s), please take a picture and show us what you won. I'll run the league again next season since it seems like we will have enough interest again.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

figured id post here in case anyone hasn't seen.

there is a fantasy baseball league again this year. I ran it last year. this year myself and huskers are co running it.

see the thread and shoot me a pm if interested. gonna be big. as we already have 15 "im ins"

can fit 5 more and im sure one or two people will not pay or something will fall through.

pm me if interested.

• 4 months later...

It's almost that time of year again. Training camps are opening this week, which means fantasy football season is almost upon us. Last year we ran a Brickpicker league and it was a lot of fun. We are going to run it again this season. Please see the first few posts of this thread for the details on how the league will operate. It will be $30 to own a team. 12 teams. All money is paid back to the league 100%. I am not making anything for running the league. I don't have an exact date for the online draft yet, but it will be on a weekday night, around 6-7 central time.

Our league site from last season is activated on yahoo. I will send invites to those who participated last season first and give them a few days to activate their old team. Some of last year's owners are not as active on BP as they used to be, so I'm not sure if they will be interested in playing again. After a few days I will start sending invites to new potential owners who request one to fill the league. If there is enough interest then maybe we will start a second league. 

I know Jeff and Ed are trying to keep the threads and content of their beautiful site lego related as much as possible. I PM'd Jeff a couple of days ago to make sure it was ok to run the league again. He said yes and he created a private group for anyone who is interested in FF to join. Send me a PM and I will open it up to you. 

Let's get ready for some football!

Any chance for an auction draft this year?  Snake is just so 2005.

lets get the league filled up first and go from there. I just sent you the invite through yahoo. If others feel the same way then we can vote on it, or if we have enough interest maybe we make the second league an auction. 

My Team broke camp this week.  Looking pretty tough...just need to make sure we get our holdouts in for week 1. 

did you renew your team on the yahoo site yet? I sent the email invites to last season's owners a few days ago. I don't see your team activated yet (Lone Rangers, right?). I am giving last season's owners through today before I start accepting new owners to fill the league.

Put me down. Ill play again. Need to redeem myself.

I sent the invite a few days ago. I don't see your team activated yet (808 Brick Layers, right?). I will start accepting new owners soon, so renew your team if you want in.

Excited for new season to start.  I cannot be worse, so there's that.  Plus, I think my Cowboys have a legit Super Bowl shot this year....gonna be a good season methinks.

that's right. I forgot that you are a Dallas fan. Probably the only person in Wisconsin that isn't a packer fan...lol. I just sold my 4 GB/Dallas tix too. I would have offered them to you if I remembered you were a Dallas fan.

did you renew your team on the yahoo site yet? I sent the email invites to last season's owners a few days ago. I don't see your team activated yet (Lone Rangers, right?). I am giving last season's owners through today before I start accepting new owners to fill the league.

I sent the invite a few days ago. I don't see your team activated yet (808 Brick Layers, right?). I will start accepting new owners soon, so renew your team if you want in.

I'm having trouble logging in. Does it show what email you sent the invite to?

Yeah..I was the Lone Rangers.  Didn't see an invite would you mind PM'ing me with the email address?  Would love to do this again if you still have space.  Thanks!

Okay...scratch that.  I was able to join.  Looks like you sent it to my Yahoo! email...don't really ever check that.  Thanks!

• Like 1

We have 9 out of the 12 spots claimed. There are a few invites still floating out there. I gave last season's owners four days to renew their team. At this point it is first come, first served for the last three spots. PM me your email address if you are interested in playing and I will send the link to create a team in our league on the yahoo site. 

It is $30 via PayPal to own a franchise. All money collected is paid back to the league 100%.

the online draft will be Tuesday, September 8, at 630 PM central time. Mark your calendars. I chose this date because it is two days before the regular season starts so major preseason injuries will not be an issue. It is also after Labor Day so you can spend the holiday with your family. I chose a Tuesday night since everyone is most likely available. I chose 630 so that our pickers on each coast can participate at a reasonable time. This is very similar to what we did last year. Once we fill the league and everyone has paid then I will have the site generate the random draft order so you can run some accurate mocks beforehand. 

Two people have paid so far. Thank you. For those who have not paid yet please send $30 via a PayPal friends/family payment to [email protected]. Please make sure it is a friends payment so that PayPal doesn't take a percentage of our league prize pool. This is also how the winners will be paid at the end of the year. I know it's early but I would like the money situation out of the way before the draft so we can focus on having fun and not chasing down an entry fee. I will update the league financials on the site so everyone knows who has paid.

three spots left...who wants one? Send me a PM.

Edited by terrymc4677

• 4 weeks later...