Brickpicker Fantasy Football League

There has been some interest in creating a fantasy football league for us brickpickers to have a little fun with. I've created a league on yahoo. Here are the details...

12 team head to head PPR.

Snake draft.

Points for yardage and td's.

Starting lineups will consist of 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 flex(rb, wr, or te), 1 k, 1 d/st, and 6 bench players.

Top six teams will make the playoffs.

Prize money awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.

$30 franchise fee.

All money collected will be paid back to the league 100%.

1st place will get $220, 2nd place $90, and 3rd place $30. Total of $340.

League financials will be posted and tracked on the league site so everyone knows who has paid.

Live online draft is scheduled for Tuesday, August 26th at 630pm central time.

I chose this date because it is close to the end of preseason, so major injuries should not be a factor. It's also before Labor Day weekend, so you can spend time with friends and family and not have to worry about a FF draft. I chose a Tuesday night because everyone is most likely around. I chose 630pm central time so our pickers on the coasts should most likely be able to participate.

Draft order will be randomly determined by yahoo once you log into the live draft.

In keeping with the spirit of this wonderful site, I ask that all owners make their team names Lego related.

I will collect entry fees and pay out prize money via paypal. It's the easiest way to do this. As long as we send as a gift payment no paypal fees will be deducted. The winners can obviously use their winnings any way they choose to, but hopefully they will spend it on some lego and post the pics to brag about it!

A little about myself...I live in Green Bay, WI, and am a HUGE Packer fan. I have been going to Packer games since 1989 when I was in middle school, and share season tickets with my father (yes, the senior citizen I am always talking about dragging to shopko to utilize his 15% senior discount). I run a 12 team auction league up here and this season is our 20th year. We have very little ownership turnover, so that makes it quite a bit of fun. Alas, in 19 seasons I have only won the championship twice. It's ok though. I have fun running the league.

Now, I realize that we have a pretty tight knit community here, and that I am asking potential owners to send money to a complete stranger. I kept the entry fee low ($30) to reduce the scam potential, but it's still enough for the winner to be able to buy a nice exclusive. I have been an active member on this site for a year and a half, with over 400 "likes". I sell on eBay under the handle scoob222000. I have over 600 positive feedbacks there, with no neutral or negatives. I just started selling on bricklink. My handle there is terrymc, and my store is Everything is Awesome!! Since I just got started there my feedback is only at 31, but it's 100% positive as well. Please feel free to check out my profiles. The point I am trying to make is that I'm not setting this up to scam anybody, but instead to have a little fun this football season with some fellow pickers.

If all of this sounds good then PM me your email address and I will send you the link to join the league. Ed and/or Jeff, if you are reading this it would be awesome if you guys would join us. So far we have three owners. Nine spots are left. It's first come, first served.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!

Most likely in, just want to make sure I'm not traveling for work on draft night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Brickpicker mobile app

update to my original post. Total prize pool is $360, not $340. For some reason I had $340 in my head when I was posting earlier. 1st place will be $230, 2nd $100, and 3rd $30 (your entry fee back).

I'm on my way home now and will send invites to the league to those who responded so far when I can get on my laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Ok gang, so far we have six teams created on the league site. There are still six invites floating around out there from some who were interested but haven't accepted the invite and created their team yet. I'll give it through this weekend for those potential owners to accept the invite. If we still have any open spots come Monday then I'll open it up to others who have expressed interest. The regular season will be here before we know it, and I'd like everything to be squared away asap. Thanks!