2015 - Set List

A couple of rumors over at Eurobricks have sprung up leading to a few lists of possible sets for the year 2015. I have no idea how accurate they are but the source allegedly has been fairly reliable in the past but as anything, take it with a grain of salt. In any case, this main post shall be used to list all the 2015 sets as they come in. Feel free to use this topic for all related discussion.

CITY

• GREAT VEHICLES
    • 60081 - Tow Truck
    • 60083 - Snowblower
  • POLICE
    • 60065 - Police ATV
    • 60066 - Police Transport Hovercraft
    • 60067 - Police Helicopter
    • 60068 - Crook Shelter
    • 60069 - Water Police
    • 60071 - Police Chase on Transport Hovercraft
  • CONSTRUCTION
    • 60072 - Beginner

Relaunching Bionicle?

That's the rumor. ;) It would be neat to see the original Toa return in newer and better tweaked parts. I'm just wondering how the story will be continued on at this point considering where the original left off unless this will be a complete redo.

I'll take a new City Hovercraft.  I've been tempted to get the older ones in the aftermarket.

I am curious to see how the entire thing will be built as I can't see Lego using one of the old specialty parts created for their hovercraft designs years ago they seldom used at all.
  • Like 1

Bionicle?! I'm not sure what to say about this. It sound cool that they are being relaunched, but I wonder what effect it will have on the value on the older Bionicles? Now, I will have to debate whether or not to sell some of the used Bionicle sets that I have.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'd like to see Bionicles again but, will it devalue the older sets?  I'll not invest in CITY again but, I may consider the hovercraft for my collection if it looks any good.  Yes, we really need more police sets, don't we? NOT!

Been hearing whisper of Bionicle for a couple months now. Curious to see what the reception would be should they make a comeback. More than likely all the kids who played with the originals are grown up now, perhaps some have kids of their own and will want to get them interested. It`ll happen, given that we have set numbers and titles, just need pictures for confirmation, but I think it`s safe to say that Bionicle will in fact be back. 

I like what Lego has done with City over the last couple years, more innovation and such. Some of the titles seem to reflect more changes, hopefully the actual sets will continue to be an improvement to the theme. 

Oh the good old Bionicle toa-s. We used to bring them to elementary school because our parents did not consider them as true LEGO-s which were not allowed to be taken out of home. I have all of the first series priests and toa-s and some big ugly super toa too.

My mother hated these things as any other action figures, she thought they are dumb. Well, she may have been right, considering that my other LEGO-s were big-ass Technics like the 8480 Space Shuttle. Even my first LEGO was the Technic 8440 F1 car, and I was 6 years old. No Duplo, police stations etc., they were too "childish". Anyway my parents made a mistake with these decisions because the Technics with decent machinery were quite expensive and after getting me addicted they couldn't buy the relatively cheap System sets. Hmh, I should build one of these things again...

I'd like to see Bionicles again but, will it devalue the older sets?  I'll not invest in CITY again but, I may consider the hovercraft for my collection if it looks any good.  Yes, we really need more police sets, don't we? NOT!

I think it will increase the interest in the older sets...

More Police sets, nothing to see here, folks.  I wonder what next years' side theme will be since we had Mining, Cargo, Coast Guard, and now Arctic.  I would like to see more emphasis on City buildings like gas stations, banks, stores.  You know, things you see in a "City". 

• Like 2

More Police sets, nothing to see here, folks.  I wonder what next years' side theme will be since we had Mining, Cargo, Coast Guard, and now Arctic.  I would like to see more emphasis on City buildings like gas stations, banks, stores.  You know, things you see in a "City". 

Maybe they'll get a UFC license.  Anyone created a LEGO octagon?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

While I like the arctic sets, I don't know why they got lumped into the city theme  I too want to see more variety in city, seems like we get mostly emergency stuff and everything else is an afterthough.  I guess the fire and police sets probably sell well with the kiddies.  Would love to see gas stations, service centers, coffee shops/restaurants, shopping areas, etc.  There's a little bit of this with Creator and the bike shop, not sure why that set is under creator and not city.  Guess it doesn't really matter, they're just labels.

For nearly half decade Hero Factory filled the shelves where Bionicle once stood, but Bionicle may be staging a comeback next year. Leaked set names and numbers from Exoforce.ru, a Russian site with a history of accurate set leaks, have started making their way through the internet...

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-bionicle-2015-rumored-set-list/

Additional Links:

http://en.brickimedia.org/wiki/Brickipedia_News:BIONICLE_makes_its_return_in_2015

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=97374&st=875#entry1936980

I'm very excited to see this come up, as both the figures and the comics were an amazing world apart and a part of LEGO that I love. Although Bionicle has not proved itself as a good investment (which was good for fans of the series in being able to buy older sets at reasonable prices), the reintroduction of Bionicle has some implications on the future market and values of Hero Factory, old, and new Bionicle. 

As a fan, what are your thoughts on this? And as an investor, what are your plans with this news?

Guest TabbyBoy

I just want a big crane and wrecking ball, so I can complete my Miley Cyrus MOC.

Improve your MOC even further by not having her in it! ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

The Wookie gunship and Batman + Super Angry Kitty sets look great.  Bionicle had an awesome storyline and I was sad to see it go.  It will be interesting to see how they bring it back.  As an aside, are there going to be any further LotR (not Hobbit) releases?