6864 - The Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase

seaweedsm7

The whole superhero thing is pretty American. Don't expect it to take off in Europe.

It had really taken off now with the new movies, previously the only good movies where the batman ones and the old hulk ones, ever see that captain America one, what a pile of crap that was, different story now.

In fact, sadly, it is no special theme I can name to be most successful over here in Europe. Each theme provides some sets turning out to be chased after. These may be the modulars, some Technic sets (still the 41999, which has a way better CAGR in Europe than in the US), huge Star Wars Sets (but not all of them), NOT Ninjago or Chima or Galaxy Squad :sweat: .

So you see, investors in Europe have to pick and choose more wisely and carefully what topic and set to invest in (my advice would be to provide a broad variety).

In my opinion, LotR will do well, but takes its time to grow ,as well as Monster Fighters or most of the Star Wars Sets from 2011 and 2012. We have to be patient, until stock dries up. I've seen loads of Star Wars and LotR Sets still on shelves in the shops here in Germany (NOT discounted for ages). I think they loaded up too much of them before last christmas. That shows we still have to wait, and wait, and *chrrr* yes....wait^^

• 3 months later...

Been selling this set pretty steady since January... sold another one today for $130 and after fees still a nice profit. Have about 7 left and they will likely all be sold my Xmas. I could hold back the last couple and see if it'll hit $180-$200 eventually, but the conservative side of me thinks to cash in earlier and reinvest/pay down inventory/cash flow etc.

Other folks stock up 20,30, or +50 on this set?

• Like 1

I was fortunate to get 31 of these for $21.xx each after tax from a shopko clearance sale last summer. I have it listed for $90 shipped, but haven't sold one yet. I'm not worried though. It's a great set and will sell. I'm not budging on my price, and will probably increase it once the holidays get closer.

• Like 2

I was fortunate to get 31 of these for $21.xx each after tax from a shopko clearance sale last summer. I have it listed for $90 shipped, but haven't sold one yet. I'm not worried though. It's a great set and will sell. I'm not budging on my price, and will probably increase it once the holidays get closer.

wow, $21 is a great buy in price for this set. I haven't built it yet but looks like a 'affordable' way to get a decent sized batmobile plus another vehicle and 5 mini figs.

wow, $21 is a great buy in price for this set. I haven't built it yet but looks like a 'affordable' way to get a decent sized batmobile plus another vehicle and 5 mini figs.

I gave one to my son when I purchased them and the batmobile is very solid and sturdy. You can drive it around and be fairly rough with it and it holds up. The figs are superb. The demand for this set must be higher in canada at the moment to demand those prices. That's incredible.

I still can't believe the recent BrickShow's top 5 batman sets didn't include a Batmobile set.

Yeah, this set is a winner. It's nearly as good if not equal to the 2006 version.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

Yeah this is definitely one of the best Batmobile sets there have been as well. the Two Face truck is awesome.

I have 8 - wish I had a lot more. But I am still going to wait awhile.

• 1 month later...

6862 6863 and 6864 all at basically RRP on amzon.es.......should i buy them?? I already have several that i got for 50% off.......*karstadt sale.

So buying these is like paying double but maybe its worth it??

I think for these sets the ceiling has not been reached yet, value wise. Personally, I like the 2012 Super Heroes sets much better than the 2013 ones.

Mahler, Can you post the prices for the 6863 and 6862 on amazon.es?

6862 6863 and 6864 all at basically RRP on amzon.es.......should i buy them?? I already have several that i got for 50% off.......*karstadt sale.

So buying these is like paying double but maybe its worth it??

Tough decision. I would prob invest elsewhere especially since you already have "several" for around 50% off.

I think for these sets the ceiling has not been reached yet, value wise. Personally, I like the 2012 Super Heroes sets much better than the 2013 ones.

Mahler, Can you post the prices for the 6863 and 6862 on amazon.es?

Sure....6864 is 61.99

6863 is 41.99

6862 is 27.99

all alittle over RRP

• 4 months later...

How are you doing with 6864 - The Batmobile and Two-Face Chase?  Sell now, has growth stalled, or is it just starting to climb?

sold 1 back in Sept for $90

Sold 2 in the last 2 weeks for $95-100

only a 4 month time frame but seems pretty solid in the 90-100 range like it was then

• Like 1

Growth could stall big time on it. There are too many Batman/Batmobile sets out now. That being said 6864 does have a cool Batmobile and Two-face who doesn't look to be in any of the newer sets yet so maybe it could do okay?

the more the merrier. There will be more collectors wanting to have older batman sets in their collections. having an array of different batman, bat vehicles and villains for display is cool.

Growth could stall big time on it. There are too many Batman/Batmobile sets out now. That being said 6864 does have a cool Batmobile and Two-face who doesn't look to be in any of the newer sets yet so maybe it could do okay?

You nailed the two big plusses on this one. I am slightly less hopeful on growth now that every set has Batman, but a classic Batmobile and Two Face don't seem to be in any coming wave.

Another benefit - think of average Joe or Jane parent, this is the only big set (with minifigs) that will come up really when you search "Lego Batman Batmobile".