6864 - The Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase

seaweedsm7

2 face chase will do better than Funhouse in my opinion. I have about 12 or so 2-faces. I would have gotten more but they kinda just dissappeared.

I only have one 6864 left.  I stupidly parted out 2 that I paid $28 each for over the summer.  Huge mistake.  I can drown my sorrow in the fact that I used expiring rewards and only paid $7 out of pocket for the one I have.  If I'm patient enough it shouldn't take too long for that to turn into $100.

This is a great set...nice price point even at full retail. I was buying the bundle from Walmart with the Batman Book for $44. For whatever reason I returned a couple, now I am regretting it. This set will do very well, it already has begun climbing. I think it'll cap just over $100, at which point I will sell.

Two Face Chase is a great set and is already rising in the secondary market. I do think the constant reissue of Batmobile's will hurt it a bit long term though.

Funhouse as soon as they are cleared out of TRU will start to climb.

I kind of agree, but this Batmobile has a more "classic" look, hopefully there is some draw there.

• Like 1

Two Face Chase is a great set and is already rising in the secondary market. I do think the constant reissue of Batmobile's will hurt it a bit long term though.

Funhouse as soon as they are cleared out of TRU will start to climb.

That is my concerns with the 2012 Batman sets especially the Batplane.  The 2014 Steamroller set give you a Batplane (strange as it is), another Joker and Henchmen plus other KILLER minifigs.

• Like 1

That is my concerns with the 2012 Batman sets especially the Batplane.  The 2014 Steamroller set give you a Batplane (strange as it is), another Joker and Henchmen plus other KILLER minifigs.

Battle over gotham does have a slightly more classic look, but I agree that the new Batplane is sweet and the whole set figs to vehicles is a grand slam.

2014 Batman sets are VERY good and I think they will have to hurt demand at least a bit for 2012/2013 sets.

The good news is I think it will increase demand for the funhouse. Where else are you going to park your steam roller?

• Like 2

Two face chase will do very well. I was lucky and scored 31 of them at $21 each this past summer during a super crazy Shopko mega clearance bonanza extravaganza. I plan on holding them until Christmas 2015 at the earliest. I am greedy on this one and hope they get to $150 by then. Would be nice to turn $500 into $5000. I'd settle for $100/set though and wouldn't look back.

The fun house will do well also. I have 28, all bought between $25-$35. I don't think this one well do as well as two face, simply because there are a TON being held, but I think $100 within three years of eol is realistic.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Yeah, pretty much the entire Batman 1 line is awesome and is darker themed compared to the 2012+ sets which are colorful (& sometimes goofy). I think only 2012 Batplane & 2013 Arkham Asylum would prob be the closest modern sets which resemble the older line.

I just picked up a Killer Croc set. Smallish yet very nice.

7888 Tumbler and Joker van is awesome. It has the wow factor.

The older Batcave & Arkham sets are also excellent.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

• 4 weeks later...

All of the SuperBatSpiderHeroManIron-Stuff is unfortunately not that popular here in Europe (with exceptions of course...), although they're well known here too and the movies ran well in cinemas, still searching for the reason... probably because we don't show our children the movies due to violence shown and so there is a whole market missing? :shifty:

Only the Hulk went pretty well and Wolverine. Spiderman you cannot even sell it if you would give a gold brick for free with it.

I think here it takes longer for people to discover the super heroes. The old Batman 1 sets are good as well in Europe. I believe those did not sell so well when they were available in shops.

I am especially surprised that the arkham is not selling well. I really like it! 

I believe those did not sell so well when they were available in shops.

I am especially surprised that the arkham is not selling well. I really like it! 

Indeed I watched them sitting on shelfes for a long time in German stores, and only sold on high sales. The Arkham pleases me well, yes, but I think it will take a long time to develop a decent and high enough price to sell. So there are other sets that may be a safer bet before (modulars, SW UCS near EOL, ...)