6864 - The Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase

seaweedsm7

These on TRU for 44 bucks. They're still showing up on Walmart as 39.99. Though it comes up as "out of stock" you can still use the listing to price match these bad boys at TRU. Its a couple bucks more than Target sold em for a few weeks back (think it was 37.99) but since I havent seen these anywhere else and it still is beating retail by about 20%, I think this would be the way to jump on it. If I didnt already have my 10 I probably would...

• 3 weeks later...

I've been in three LEGO B&M stores over the past week, none had any 6864. Based on current Amazon pricing, you can probably make a quick 40-50% net over the holidays just by finding them a little under MSRP, and given that it seems like a slam-dunk long-term buy right now even at MSRP. I don't think there will be enough leftover stock for there to be a good chance of making a post-holiday clearance killing.

With another line of Batman stuff coming out, new collectors are certainly going to want to get their hands on a Batmobile.  I would advise people to pick up a 6864 by any means necessary at this point, even at full retail.  I am counting on this set selling for $100 within the next six months.  The inclusion of an exclusive Two-Face minifigure certainly won't hurt either.  Get these now while (if) you can!  Walmarts out in the boonies are a good place to look.

This set was rarely discounted.  I have a bunch that I bought at full retail and I have no worries about making good money.  I think I have 25 total in my stash.  There is no two face in the next wave and there is only a cartoon inspired batmobile, not the more classic version that is in this set.

This set was rarely discounted.  I have a bunch that I bought at full retail and I have no worries about making good money.  I think I have 25 total in my stash.  There is no two face in the next wave and there is only a cartoon inspired batmobile, not the more classic version that is in this set.

I lucked out on this one last summer and got 31 of them for $20.50 each during an insane shopko clearance. My son has one and loves it. The batmobile is a very solid build and looks great. I plan on holding them until next Christmas at the earliest.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sitting on 20 2 face chases and 10 funhouse escapes... looking for someone to tell me thats a good choice?

As with anything, it depends on how much you paid for them, but I really like both sets as investments.  I would jump at the opportunity to get more chases, but the only one I've seen since October was a tampered with return at TRU.