Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - general discussion

Turtle Power!  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which intro/theme tune do you like best?

• Original from 1987-1996
    • Second from 2003-2009
    • Current from Nickelodeon
  2. 2. Do you like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle sets?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you think the sets will be good investments?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I've been waiting to see these discounted but haven't seen any! I really had thought it would be one of those reoccurring themes because it's a popular license. If these do go EOL already, I imagine they'll be very sought after at some point - problem is it could be a long time - like 20 years when current kids rediscover Lego...

I notice that these are no longer in the Lego catalogue, so we could be looking at EOL pretty soon.  I've already stocked up a fair amount, as I said earlier.  Anyone seen any on discount around the world?

Nice catch! I didn't even notice. Yeah, I fell the same as most here, kinda lackluster sets, but still should have a few in the inventory. I was lucky to get a killer bundle deal on 1 of each set of the line for about 35% off shipped off eBay a while back which I'm quite happy with. In addition I have several Turtle Lairs as I think this is the only really good set in the line.

-PB

I've been waiting to see these discounted but haven't seen any! I really had thought it would be one of those reoccurring themes because it's a popular license. If these do go EOL already, I imagine they'll be very sought after at some point - problem is it could be a long time - like 20 years when current kids rediscover Lego...

20 years? No way. The turtles have been around already for 30 years. I am 36 and grew up watching the turtles on tv, reading their comics, and playing their video games. They have fans of all ages. These sets will appreciate quickly once they go eol in my opinion.

Yeah I can see that, but given that they aren't generating excitement now even though most if us grew up on them, I wonder when the "craze" will set in?

I am not expecting a "craze", but rather decent gains when the sets go eol. Once the theme is no longer available is when it will appreciate nicely due to those who didn't buy it when available at retail for some reason. Those who buy into this theme now will be rewarded in a few years.

They aren't hard to find here, but 1 thing is I have yet to see any discounted, so maybe they are selling well. Well, I do think the theme could remain popular, as terry pointed out - they have a lasting appeal. I'm hoping to pick a lot up on discount eventually. Just to be clear - I definitely don't think they'll languish like Atlantis or PoP...I was just speculating how solid their returns could be...hoping for the best!

I only bought 2 of the Shell/Van set. They were $45 here in Canada, so a pretty good price. Honestly, I`m not a fan of the line. It would be quite startling however if these for some reason took off as investment and left most of us (and myself) with our pants down. Not sure if I`d be laughing or crying?  :blink:

Season 2 of the cartoon series starts at the end of this month and has already been signed for season 3. So thats like another 40 episodes. I expect more lego sets to be made from this theme.

Tormentalous (The Brick Fan) said there is a possibility of more TMNT sets coming out next year. Not confirmed; just plausible.

Yeah I can see that, but given that they aren't generating excitement now even though most if us grew up on them, I wonder when the "craze" will set in?

I'm not the least bit crazy about them because these are Nickelodeon Turtles, not good old Eastman and Laird Turtles, or even 90s Turtles.

The new designs suck if you ask this old Turtles fan.

Tormentalous (The Brick Fan) said there is a possibility of more TMNT sets coming out next year. Not confirmed; just plausible.

With the new season of the TV show coming out soon, I am starting to think this is more and more likely. There are a lot of characters for new minifigs - Metalhead, Snakeweed, etc. They could do some new versions of the turtles probably. And a Technodrome or Kraang base would be sweet.

With the new season of the TV show coming out soon, I am starting to think this is more and more likely. There are a lot of characters for new minifigs - Metalhead, Snakeweed, etc. They could do some new versions of the turtles probably. And a Technodrome or Kraang base would be sweet.

Speaking of Technodrome.... the Turtles Forever redesign totally ripped off this mothership from Macross II.

post-2449-0-55260200-1379612441_thumb.jp

post-2449-0-07079500-1379612450_thumb.jp

I'm not the least bit crazy about them because these are Nickelodeon Turtles, not good old Eastman and Laird Turtles, or even 90s Turtles.

The new designs suck if you ask this old Turtles fan.

No way dude. The new turtles look great. And they're definitely closer to Eastman and Laird's version than the 90s cartoon was.

• Like 2