Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - general discussion

Turtle Power!  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which intro/theme tune do you like best?

• Original from 1987-1996
    • Second from 2003-2009
    • Current from Nickelodeon
  2. 2. Do you like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle sets?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you think the sets will be good investments?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

They have not retired yet. As soon as they are gone I think the growth is going to surprise a lot of people. TMNT is one of the dominant pop culture icons of the past 30 years. The new Nick series is a raging success and turtle mania has taken another generation of kids.

Agreed. I like to think I've guided my son into the important things like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, superheroes, but TMNT he found on his own and it is immensely popular. I've been picking up sets on sale whenever I can. Just got a bunch of that sewer sub chase from target for 50% off the other week.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With no new TMNT sets on the horizon it seems this theme may be done.  The second Nick cartoon wave and the movie sets are all that's left and I wonder how long they will be around this year.  I can see a lot of them hitting clearance at retail in Spring/early Summer.  The Shredder Lair didn't last long on Shop at Home but 40% off LEGO sets are hard to resist.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you guys think people will forget how fragile the shellraiser is after it eols? I feel like it might be the winner from the theme. I'll definitely keep an eye out for a deal on black friday.

that is pretty much an unfounded rumor started by a few AFOL's when the set came out.  talk to the kids actually playing with these sets. The boys seem to love the Shellraiser. 

What happens is when you build it, there is a brief point in the instructions where the vehicle has a tendency to come apart at a weak clutch point but only lasts for a handful of steps in the instructions before more clutch is added making it just fine.

this rumor has been blown up and exaggerated quite a bit. And besides if the kids don't have a few extra bricks to add for clutch then something is amiss.

Right now for $40 Turtle Van takedown is a pretty good deal which is the main reason Shellraiser has yet to take off.

Edited by Brickmythic

SpongeBob lego has been helped by MB taking it over, since MB are crap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

I agree with this statement, I thought it was going to hurt it so I dumped my bikini bottoms last year only for them to rise $50 in the past 12 months

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

Also the series just added a few old school enemies, Rocksteady and Bebop!

They were introduced in the season 3 finale.

The good news is that Rocksteady can easily be made with a Chima rhino head and LOTR gundabad shoulder pads.

Bebop may be a little more difficult to make because the head is a warthog with sunglasses..

• 1 month later...