Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - general discussion

Turtle Power!  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which intro/theme tune do you like best?

• Original from 1987-1996
    • Second from 2003-2009
    • Current from Nickelodeon
  2. 2. Do you like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle sets?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you think the sets will be good investments?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Just picked up the Shellraiser Street Chase at $29.98, and will be holding for EOL.  I heard Lego was considering a redesign on this set, but it was too good to pass up at 50% off.  Anyone else think this set, the biggest of the TMNT line, is poised for some serious growth after retirement? 

Nice! I got 2 for $44 CAN a while back (about 40% off retail here). Same reason as you, I had to do it. Not sure how well it will do, and I`m personally not a fan of the set in any way what so ever, but got to go out on a limb once in a while, ay?  xD

Guest betsy805

My kids will be getting one or two TMNT sets for Christmas.  Action figures we got last year although they were hard to come by, being sold out nearly everywhere except for stupid Kraang.  Love those ninja turtles!

My kids will be getting one or two TMNT sets for Christmas.  Action figures we got last year although they were hard to come by, being sold out nearly everywhere except for stupid Kraang.  Love those ninja turtles!

They got some new ones this year...baxter...leatherhead...snakeweed...cockroach guy...spider bytez...newtrailizer...and then you have mutagen ooze figures and they are coming out with a stealth spy figures (or something like that.)

While I think these will be easy winners,  I wish they went all out on the lair.  It should be the biggest set and it should be a wish list set.

• 1 month later...

Hmm, no real talk about TMNT Lego for a whole month.  I think this theme is going to do really well EOL.  Especially the Turtle Lair.  I am stocking up.  Amazon.fr have a decent price on it at the moment.  I just bought 3 while getting some cheap Ninjago Ultra Sonic Raiders.

These have been discounted by about 20% at our Toronto TRUs from time to time for the past year. I got one of every set with an eye towards Christmas gifts for my son. He has the Krang escape and likes the show a lot. I think these could do well as investments but I'm waiting for the boxing day clearances on these unless I see something better than 20% before then.

Guest eightbrick

These may see a spike after the 2014 Michael Bay live action film...who knows.

As you said who knows...but considering MB's (I don't think its a coincidence that his initials are the same as MegaBloks) previous films, all we do know is that there are going to be a lot of slow motion scenes of the Turtles running away from explosions, most likely with April, played by Megan Fox. For like 10 minutes straight lol. Hollywood at its best.

Guest eightbrick

Is that movie still going to be called Teenage ALIEN Ninja Trutle ?  I heard MB did not like mutant turtles, but loved alien ones

Michael Bay's Footnotes

The Awesome Mid-Teenage Alien Turtles from another Planet:

They came from outer space... and learned english by studying the internet. And if they didn't study the internet they learned english by being frozen in ice for thousands of years.

PS: I think it is just called Ninja Turtles.

My kids are really into the TMNT right now. I am going to make them costumes for Halloween (that's right...I learned to sew lol). The action figure line is VERY WELL DONE. I was very surprised at the quality of the figures, detail and just the way they were made. Only built the Shellraiser and like alot of the complaints it DOES fall apart pretty easily. But the minifigs are top notch. I think this line will do very well, especially if they don't keep this wave around for too long. The Baxter robot would be my first choice but the Lair will do well too I think. It is definitely a winner and the movie comes out next summer I think so it should see a boost. The only thing I hope is that MB doesn't try to make it a PG-13 movie and targets who the real audience for this is: Parents and the younger kids (elementary age).

I am warming up on these even more as well. My son, and a lot of kids his age, are loving these. The TV show is pretty good as well (outside of butchering the theme song, killing my youth). I think the minifigs will be long term winners for sure. Love the Baxter set as it is the only one with April.

Is that movie still going to be called Teenage ALIEN Ninja Trutle ?  I heard MB did not like mutant turtles, but loved alien ones

If they called it this...I would be sooooo angry.  (I would type mean messages about them on random forums and hurt their feelings.)  Don't mess with my childhood memories!

• 3 weeks later...

I notice that these are no longer in the Lego catalogue, so we could be looking at EOL pretty soon.  I've already stocked up a fair amount, as I said earlier.  Anyone seen any on discount around the world?

I have wanted to pick them up but I just haven't seen discounts on them anywhere. I do want a set of 1 of each of them at least though. I think they could do well just because most of the one and done themes have done well.