BRICKPICKER.COM in the USA TODAY!!!

Ed Mack

• 1 year later...

One of my co-workers, knowing that I'm a big collector of Lego, actually handed me a physical copy of USA today with this cover article. He is now retired. First physical newspaper I had touched in years.

Anyway, that was when I first heard about Brickpicker and then checked out the website. Then I forgot about this site. Then, a few months ago, I read a post on Brickset Forum complaining about Brickpicker. Then I signed up and started browsing regularly. Then I realized Ed Mack and Jeff Mack were the guys on the cover. It only took me two and a half years.

• Like 1

Offcourse this and other articles may have caused growth of lego investors. I am absolutely sure. But if you do not have love for the actual product itself, you will expect fast profits. And if it does not go fast enough, you will get impatient and disappointed. The examples given in the article about Emerald Night and MF is offcourse true. But these are actually the best performers. There are many sets which did not perform or at least performed less successful. What I have learned in my so far humble 8 month career in lego-investing is that it is not as easy as it seems. Just buy some legosets and put them in a closet and wait for them to appreciate. Then sell and tada! Money in your pocket. We all know buying is easier than selling. I am happy I started to sell quite fast after starting investing. I wanted to try the water first to see how that goes. And it is freakin' difficult and alot of work! Sometimes also very stressful. Especially when you meet difficult and demanding customers, your package gets lost in the mail, lowballers, etc.

I think it would be pretty interesting to see statistics about members on this site.

For example:

- How many members (on average) are joining this site per day.

- Percentage of members who are active on the site daily, weekly, monthly.

- Geographical dividement of members. How many from USA. Europe, Asia, etc.

For what it is worth, I did not start investing in lego cause of any article or website. I started out of my own experience and my love for the product. And this site makes me a better investor day by day.