Rude sales people can boost luxury sales

No More Monkeys

I would definitely agree with this - its like any other sales technique. Know your customer. What do they want? Who do they want to be and be like?

If you act like something is exclusive and they aren't quite good enough for it, people will choose to prove you wrong. Its dumb, but its human nature.

Almost the same thing as:

Person 1: Hey, clean my room!

Person 2: No Im not doing that

Person 1: I figured - you aren't good enough to do that anyway

Person 2: ILL SHOW YOU I AM!

Would that also work the other way around? Imagine you go to a legoshop and you say to the lego store employee:

You are not a good enough lego store employee to sell these legosets to me. Than they will want to show you they are and will offer you lego sets with very high discounts! 

I am already working on a proper eBay template for mine

Sample description box:

Why are you even reading this? If you scrolled down here instead of already clicking Buy It Now it obviously means you don't have enough money to buy the set. Just go back to looking at MegaBloks already.

• Like 2

I would definitely agree with this - its like any other sales technique. Know your customer. What do they want? Who do they want to be and be like?

If you act like something is exclusive and they aren't quite good enough for it, people will choose to prove you wrong. Its dumb, but its human nature.

My wife used to sell cars, a guy comes in one day that was a jerk.  He's looking at a fully loaded Tundra, acting like a jerk so she finally tells him if he can't afford it they have some cheaper models.  He decides to buy it on the spot, paid sticker too.  Sold two more cars to that guy at sticker price, I'll never understand some people.

My wife used to sell cars, a guy comes in one day that was a jerk.  He's looking at a fully loaded Tundra, acting like a jerk so she finally tells him if he can't afford it they have some cheaper models.  He decides to buy it on the spot, paid sticker too.  Sold two more cars to that guy at sticker price, I'll never understand some people.

We`ve known it for years, but people don`t want to admit it. Being a big ol' Jack@** pays! 

Maybe it's because I'm just vindictive but if a salesperson on commission ever said something like that to me, I'd pull out my wad of cash and say I was planning on spending all of this but since you want to be a little (use your imagination), I'll take it elsewhere.  Then I'd leave and go elsewhere ;)

Maybe I'm lucky but I've always had awesome Lego Salespeople at the store I go to.  They don't approach me when I'm browsing and if I do have a question, they're happy to help.  Perfect! Haha

Maybe it's because I'm just vindictive but if a salesperson on commission ever said something like that to me, I'd pull out my wad of cash and say I was planning on spending all of this but since you want to be a little (use your imagination), I'll take it elsewhere.  Then I'd leave and go elsewhere ;)

Maybe I'm lucky but I've always had awesome Lego Salespeople at the store I go to.  They don't approach me when I'm browsing and if I do have a question, they're happy to help.  Perfect! Haha

But that would be cliche, since they did it in Pretty Woman, wouldn't be cool

No, you pull out the wad of cash, or better yet black American Express and find another salesperson and buy a bunch while the first watches.

When I pull out a wad of cash its always in one's and the salesperson thinks I'm a stripper.  I just do my dance and make a few more bucks and I'm on my way.