Confession Time: I tear-down more than I build

jharrison

Yup.

Thanks to various Craigslist purchases made this year I've had to tear-down way more sets than I've built.

Like um... probably 40 sets torn down to 4 built. I feel much shame....

The other confession is that I like it.

I do it while watching Netflix and there's something oddly satisfying about it.

And I'm a wee bit anal about it too. I follow the instructions in reverse and create the same bag layout to make it feel like the set is new for whoever builds it next (hopefully me). Plus it helps me identify any missing or incorrect pieces that I need to bricklink.

The next step will be to switch from hand-writing the bag numbers to using a label maker. :-)

I can't be the only one can I? Bueller?

(by way of explanation I bought about 30 already assembled sets from 1 guy plus 7 assembled sets from another guy plus a few single purchases)

(oh, and I tape the boxes back up with two strips of painters tape. It seals without ripping the cardboard when taken off plus it very visibly identifies the used sets from the new ones)

Yup.

Thanks to various Craigslist purchases made this year I've had to tear-down way more sets than I've built.

Like um... probably 40 sets torn down to 4 built. I feel much shame....

The other confession is that I like it.

I do it while watching Netflix and there's something oddly satisfying about it.

And I'm a wee bit anal about it too. I follow the instructions in reverse and create the same bag layout to make it feel like the set is new for whoever builds it next (hopefully me). Plus it helps me identify any missing or incorrect pieces that I need to bricklink.

The next step will be to switch from hand-writing the bag numbers to using a label maker. :-)

I can't be the only one can I? Bueller?

(by way of explanation I bought about 30 already assembled sets from 1 guy plus 7 assembled sets from another guy plus a few single purchases)

(oh, and I tape the boxes back up with two strips of painters tape. It seals without ripping the cardboard when taken off plus it very visibly identifies the used sets from the new ones)

You should charge extra for these services if you sell them.

I Just deconstructed a Doplin Cruiser using the instructions in reverse to make the bags as they came sealed, I must say it is a relaxing and entertaining process.......

I like deconstructing depending on the set. Try that with a large Technic set -the Unimog was brutal and wasn't being deconstructed bag by bag for shipping.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Brickpicker mobile app