Retiring Soon tag at S@H

kutaone

Hi All- First, thanks so much for all your input. It has been so much help. I LOVE doing the buying and selling. My collection has gone from 0-what it now in about month so needles to say, i am addicted. I just started but it's more fun than i ever could have imagined. My question is about the "retiring soon" label I see on the LEGO Shop at Home website, how long does that mean the set has left? 1 month? 3 Months? 1 year? Thanks in advance- Mark

This is a brand new thing TLG has just started so no one knows what it means exactly..... and to be honest I doubt there will ever be a solid timeframe as to how long a set will be available after it is labeled " retiring soon". I personally think that its a ploy aimed at us investors trying to convince us to scoop a couple up. TLG knows that all of us don't want to miss the boat like a lot of us did with the 10179.

No one besides LEGO knows for sure. The best I can figure is that any item with the "Retiring Soon" label means that when the last bit of stock for said item is sold, that's it. No more of that set will ever be made again despite how quick it may have sold out. That can take months or a couple of weeks depending on how fast people order the items and clear out inventory. There is some talk about whether or not this new label is just another sales pitch to get rid of sets that are sitting around collecting dust. Of which it could be. There is also the 'coincidence' of LEGO starting the new label just in time for the holidays. Very similiar to all those exclusive polybags I keep finding just in time for the 'Christmas rush'. In any case, since the label is new, all we can do really is sit and watch how this all pans out.