TRU Canada Sale May 2-8

@rtisan

Was really hoping for some kind of -good- deal on SW Lego with May 4th and all >< Looks like they are doing up to %50 off some other SW merch, but no mention of Lego :( Hothbricks was showing the TRU in France(?) having a BOGO on SW sets, was hoping for that here as well..

Haven't seen these polys in any nearby stores for me. Will be interesting to see how many are left after the promotion and put on the floor... i'll be trying to scoop them up then :D

The %20 has the dreaded "select" sets again, but they do show a wave 2 Hobbit product. Maybe this sale will include wave 2 of LOTR/Hobbit this time. Might get some Mirkwood Elf Armies if they are included. And since it's "select" i doubt Orthanc will be included :(

Boo, 20% off isn't even a sale with the inflated prices. I hope they do another 40% off clearance!

Yeah %20 off the MF (-HH) line at TRU is a joke... basically just covers the marked up price haha. Only one not marked up is the Train i believe, but i'm not biting at just %20 off on that one.

Was really hoping for some kind of -good- deal on SW Lego with May 4th and all >< Looks like they are doing up to %50 off some other SW merch, but no mention of Lego :( Hothbricks was showing the TRU in France(?) having a BOGO on SW sets, was hoping for that here as well..

Haven't seen these polys in any nearby stores for me. Will be interesting to see how many are left after the promotion and put on the floor... i'll be trying to scoop them up then :D

The %20 has the dreaded "select" sets again, but they do show a wave 2 Hobbit product. Maybe this sale will include wave 2 of LOTR/Hobbit this time. Might get some Mirkwood Elf Armies if they are included. And since it's "select" i doubt Orthanc will be included :(

You sure on the no 50% off star wars Lego? The fine print in my local TRU flyer says that Star Wars Lego sets $229.99 and up are excluded.

http://www.flyertown.ca/#!/flyers/toysruscanada-flyer?flyer_run_id=25025

(you have to zoom in to read it)

• Like 1

You sure on the no 50% off star wars Lego? The fine print in my local TRU flyer says that Star Wars Lego sets $229.99 and up are excluded.

http://www.flyertown.ca/#!/flyers/toysruscanada-flyer?flyer_run_id=25025

(you have to zoom in to read it)

Ohhh you are correct. I read the flyer on my phone, even zoomed in a bit on the small screen i missed it.

Hopefully it's better than %20, as that's what they have going right now. Excluding $229+ is sort of a put off though :(

Ohhh you are correct. I read the flyer on my phone, even zoomed in a bit on the small screen i missed it.

Hopefully it's better than %20, as that's what they have going right now. Excluding $229+ is sort of a put off though :(

I read it in the real paper flyer and could barely make it out. :)

I wonder how inflated their prices will be. I'm figuring they'll probably push the 7965 MF to that price to exclude it too.

I wonder how inflated their prices will be. I'm figuring they'll probably push the 7965 MF to that price to exclude it too.

Hah, yeah i was thinking that... -Assuming- that they offer something better than %20 (%25-30 maybe); the only items i'm interested in would be the MF and maybe the Clone Gunship. Anything higher than %30 and more becomes worth taking a look at.

Of course %50 would be nice :D but the flyer says "up to %50", so we'll see.

Hah, yeah i was thinking that... -Assuming- that they offer something better than %20 (%25-30 maybe); the only items i'm interested in would be the MF and maybe the Clone Gunship. Anything higher than %30 and more becomes worth taking a look at.

Of course %50 would be nice :D but the flyer says "up to %50", so we'll see.

Yeah.. I just bought a new car yesterday (well, we bought it in January but we just picked it up yesterday) so I can't afford TRUs inflated prices right now so I'm hoping the sale sucks.

Looks like it's %25 actually. MF is included, but with a markup of $199 it's hardly worth it even at %25. Ah well money saved.

This May Fourth is sounding like it's going to be a dud at all retailers this year...

When I checked before I went to sleep the MF wasn't included but that was at 4am so these must be a new update.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Brickpicker mobile app

Only set tempting me is the Death Star Troopers battle pack for personal collection...good value with four nice minifigs at this price.  But still early in release and I'm sure there will be other sales/discounts/promo's. 

For those that picked up Skiffs on sale at TRU few weeks ago...kinda bittersweet if Lego May 4th promo has Skiffs for same price (or less) with vip pts and Darth Revan polybag.  Guess we'll all find out soon what deals there are for May 4th.