BRICKPICKER SITE UPGRADE 2.0

Ed Mack

Hello fellow and future BrickPicker members. I just want to bring to your attention that Jeff and I have launched the new site upgrade. Included in this major site update is the following:

- Currency settings

- Share Brickfolio

- Custom sets

- Performance Enhancements

- New Navigation

- Importing of sets tells you what sets weren't imported

These are just a few of the major improvements made to the Brickpicker site. Jeff has been working for months on this major site update. It will lay the basis for many future ideas and improvements. While this update answers many of the most common issues of the site, it is not perfect. If there are any issues, please contact us at [email protected] or our Contact Form. I'm sure there will be issues with a major upgrade like this and part of the process will be to deal with them as soon as you find them.

I hope you enjoy Jeff's hard work and dedication to the site. He has worked very hard to give all of us a more functional and fun site. Thanks...

Ed Mack

Thanks. There will be some issues with all the new features for awhile. I can see a couple with the forum that we have to address. I am looking forward to seeing how the Brickpicker member set reviews takes off. Now people will be able to collect Brickpoints and share their views on 9000+ LEGO sets.

I was wondering if non-brick LEGO items are intentionally left in the database or if it is just too much work to delete all these. Example: typing 10030 brings up two listings, one of which is bedding. Since this is an investment site, are these items relative?

They are just part of the LEGO database and there are many of them. They have part numbers similar to some LEGO set numbers. We really do not keep track or care about these products, but they are all LEGO products.

it will be there shortly, just checking a few things again. The word delete makes me nervous :)

Logical delete instead of physical delete.

Anyways, great UI Jeff, I know the coding side of this has been on your shoulders and I know how much of a pain this can be.

Great job all around guys!

The new upgrade looks amazing!

Unfortunately, I just started listing my sets and now there are the new options of MISB, NISB, etc. when adding a set. Is there a way to make bulk changes or do I just need to go back through and edit them all individually?

Thanks, but no mass update option available as of today. I needed to get this version pushed out. There will be more options for adding sets via the price guide set page, as well as the listing of sets in each theme. Don't have an ETA on release for that, but won't be too far in the future.

I really like the Brickfolio. It's great to be able to enter more data, although I could understand why it would be alot of work for those that have been entering their sets this whole time to go back and them. Small suggestion (which may already be on the way): Could you add a sort feature to the headings on the "Entire Collection" page?

Guest idunno101

Very nice update it has that current look to it now. Also I like the little feature of the sets scrolling across the homepage showing the percentage they've gone up or down. It's almost like I'm investing in stock lol.

Guest idunno101

I don't seem able to view the pages for individual sets. If I click the link, say for 10216, I get taken here: http://i.imgur.com/tSsS8.png and not to the actual page. Any ideas?

Browser is Chrome 24.0.1312.35 on Linux Mint.

Yeah same thing for me, when I'm in View Brickfolio Items and I click on one of the sets it sends me to the homepage instead of the set's details page.

Also in Brickpoints I can't see how many I have anymore it only shows the leaderboard of the top 20.

When I click on an item on the ticker on the homepage it just sends me back to the homepage again. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Yeah, it's doing that to me too.

I clicked on the "Taj Mahal" in the ticker and it shows this url.

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set-new.cfm?set=10189-1

But if I do a price guide search for it, the url reads this.

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=10189-1

I think the -new in the url is messing things up. I dunno, I'm not a html tech guy.

Yeah, it's doing that to me too.

I clicked on the "Taj Mahal" in the ticker and it shows this url.

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set-new.cfm?set=10189-1

But if I do a price guide search for it, the url reads this.

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=10189-1

I think the -new in the url is messing things up. I dunno, I'm not a html tech guy.

This has been fixed. Thanks for picking up on it.

Is Chrome supported with the graphs, etc? When I go into My Brickfolio...all the inlet areas are blank...works in IE though!

Quotes are the same as they always have been. Same exact code. I use Chrome all the time. Make sure you clear out your cache. I have seen them work on Mac and PC in all the browsers.