You are the weakest theme. Good Bye!

TheOrcKing

Here's yet another opinion thread. "What theme(s) or set(s) do you think are the weakest?"

This can range from what your gut instinct is for investment to personal opinions on less than stellar designs and this includes all sets & themes, not just currently available or future ones even.

Here's my starting two cents.

Speed Racer - 8160 - Cruncher Block & Racer X

Released in 2008 alongside the new film and three other sets, this one ended up being by the far the 'lemon'. Racer X and his Shooting Star car were already in another set so there really wasn't a reason to toss him in another. Now the truck cab is pretty cool. It has a big, surly, "get the f*** outta my way" look to it but that god-awful trailer looks unfinished! It's like the designers just tossed it in there at the last minute. In my opinion, if they chucked Racer X's car and just had the complete truck with a fully built trailer, this could have been a lot better than it actually was but alas, we got stuck with a redundant car and a half completed truck.

Now the Speed Racer line did very poorly and still does in the aftermarket. For me, the only good thing that came from these sets was the somewhat realistically proportioned car designs themselves. Plus those tires and hubcaps. Oh, and fenders.

Both of those themes are around the bottom of the barrel but, like Huskers said, atleast PRINCE OF PERSIA had some nice parts. I really can't think of anything usefull in any of the CARS sets. Maybe a couple of the unique 'rims'......and that's about it.

Here's another theme that was pretty weak even when it was available.

TIME CRUISERS (& the related villian subtheme, TIME TWISTERS).

I honestly have absolutely no idea what the heck to say about these....things. The designs are bizarre mix-ups of random parts thrown together. And this is the theme that created the most heinous, devious, and just plain nuts character ever created in the world of LEGO.

The dreaded....TIMMY!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Speed Racer sets?!?!? Time Cruisers WTF!?! I never even knew these existed, If I was Lego, i would have employed someone to remove all trace of these sets from existence, so they were only in our minds and rumors, and eventually forgotten. These sets make Toy Story and Prince of Persia look awesome beyond words.

Wow! I just looked into Time Cruisers... Holy Crappy LEGO Theme Batman! Those are total garbage!

Yep. They were rather 'craptastic'. I remember one Christmas (or was it a birthday?) getting every one of these sets. Must have been at that age where I was glad to get anything at all cause they are awful. Even for parts they stink. I must have just really liked the characters I suppose. I don't know.

Speed Racer sets?!?!? Time Cruisers WTF!?! I never even knew these existed

I'm not surprised. TIME CRUISERS is rather old. And there was only four SPEED RACER sets ever done and they weren't around for long really. Atleast in my opinion, the SPEED RACER sets had some good parts and decent car designs. If anything, the designs themselves gave a decent starting point for custom ones. Plus the SPEED RACER designs made way for a couple of WORLD RACERS ones.

These sets make Toy Story and Prince of Persia look awesome beyond words.

Ha ha ha!

Speed Racer sets?!?!? Time Cruisers WTF!?! I never even knew these existed, If I was Lego, i would have employed someone to remove all trace of these sets from existence, so they were only in our minds and rumors, and eventually forgotten. These sets make Toy Story and Prince of Persia look awesome beyond words.

They should have taken them out to the middle of the desert, dug a big hole, and buried them with all of the Atari 2600 E.T. game cartridges that tanked!

Insectoids, Rock Raiders and Exo-Force (the minifigs are expensive, but the sets as a whole are low priced). I guess these are what they call "evergreen" themes. Chima despite having a TV show behind it (which in the infinite wisdom of Cartoon Network doesn't have any new episodes for the next few weeks) looks like a loser in the making to me.

Insectoids, Rock Raiders and Exo-Force (the minifigs are expensive, but the sets as a whole are low priced). I guess these are what they call "evergreen" themes.

Chima despite having a TV show behind it (which in the infinite wisdom of Cartoon Network doesn't have any new episodes for the next few weeks) looks like a loser in the making to me.

Yes, strange that they would debut the new cartoon last week, and then not have any on this week or next (not sure when it is actually on again, really). My 6 year old son watched them last week, enjoyed them tremendously(as he does all of the lego themed cartoons and games), and was anxiously waiting for a new episode last night. When we tuned in to watch and discovered that is wasn't on, he was very upset. He looked like a kid who got nothing but used Time Cruiser sets for Christmas...lol. We have our dvr set so we don't miss any, but again, it is odd that they would debut it last week and then nothing.

Yes, strange that they would debut the new cartoon last week, and then not have any on this week or next (not sure when it is actually on again, really). My 6 year old son watched them last week, enjoyed them tremendously(as he does all of the lego themed cartoons and games), and was anxiously waiting for a new episode last night. When we tuned in to watch and discovered that is wasn't on, he was very upset. He looked like a kid who got nothing but used Time Cruiser sets for Christmas...lol. We have our dvr set so we don't miss any, but again, it is odd that they would debut it last week and then nothing.

I have noticed that this is happening for established shows on atleast one station. Maybe they are behind on the editing! lol I know that happened to one of the old shows I watched from this past year.

Yes, strange that they would debut the new cartoon last week, and then not have any on this week or next (not sure when it is actually on again, really). We have our dvr set so we don't miss any, but again, it is odd that they would debut it last week and then nothing.

I thought that was bizarre too. Doesn't seem like good marketing in my book. I mean, two half hour episodes back to back, now nothing for who knows how long. Feels like someone didn't think this through. Or maybe they did and are hoping the anticipation of waiting will make the kids REALLY want those CHIMA sets when it comes back on.

I thought that was bizarre too. Doesn't seem like good marketing in my book. I mean, two half hour episodes back to back, now nothing for who knows how long. Feels like someone didn't think this through. Or maybe they did and are hoping the anticipation of waiting will make the kids REALLY want those CHIMA sets when it comes back on.

My DVR doesn't show anything until Feb 3rd when they rerun the two premier episodes again. I don't even know what to tell my son. Yet Chima has a whole endcap at Toys backwards R Us.