New Partnership with Raise.com (Discount Gift Cards)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First issue with raise.  A $100 TRU GC scanned as $0 in store.  I had 5 others that worked fine though.  Easily got a claim started over the phone, the lady at CS apologized and said they'll get back to me in 2-3 business days.  Good customer service so far, I'll report back next week with how they handle it.  

First issue with raise.  A $100 TRU GC scanned as $0 in store.  I had 5 others that worked fine though.  Easily got a claim started over the phone, the lady at CS apologized and said they'll get back to me in 2-3 business days.  Good customer service so far, I'll report back next week with how they handle it.  

Thanks for the heads up and letting us know how it turns out.

That's a good question, but even if you price it that even .01 goes on the Red Card you would be able to get the 5% discount. I never tried it but would be interested to know if the Red Card 5% is just automatic.

I believe you only get the 5% off of whatever you actually charge

So the lady at customer service said they would probably get to it the next business day, so early next week after the holiday.  So you can imagine my surprise when I received an email 48 minutes later saying they will refund me and another one an hour after that stating my refund is complete.  Looks like the Brickpicker partnered with the right website.  Buy with confidence.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Guest betsy805

Question for those that buy discounted gift cards and use quickbooks for their business....how do you classify the gift card purchases?  Do you record the LEGO sets you buy with raise.com as a transaction on quickbooks?  I'm stumped.  Thanks!

Nope, just adjust the purchase price of what you buy with the expended amount for the gift card.

Yep, same for me.

To me, 20% BN GC is better than 20% off BN coupon because GC takes care of the tax as well. It's 20% after-tax vs before-tax. :D

• Like 1

Guest betsy805

To clarify: You both skip entering the gift card purchase entirely, wait until the gift card is actually used and then enter the adjusted %off true cost, right?  Thanks!

Guest betsy805

Yep, same for me.

To me, 20% BN GC is better than 20% off BN coupon because GC takes care of the tax as well. It's 20% after-tax vs before-tax. :D

HUGE deal, especially at 9.5% tax rate.  I've been combining them to get killer deals on some Architecture sets!

To clarify: You both skip entering the gift card purchase entirely, wait until the gift card is actually used and then enter the adjusted %off true cost, right?  Thanks!

Exactly. The discount is not taken into account until I indeed spend the amount. Have in mind, there's also a 1% cash back (or up to 5% if it's at the right period depending on your credit card) from your CC.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to add to the support of Raise.com (thank you Brickpicker for introducing me to the site).

I've had no issues with MANY cards purchased until recently.  I bought a $25 Dunkin Donuts card and used it for two transactions (bringing the balanced won to roughly $20).  On my next attempt to use the card, the card was scanning as deactivated.  I tried to check the balanced online and was shown the same thing--that the card was invalid.

I called Raise.com, they confirmed the card was being shown as inactive.  They recognized that I'd spent some of the card but "for my inconvenience" they immediately started the refund process for the full amount I paid for the card.

Without a doubt, I'll continue using Raise.com if this is how they treat their customers.

• Like 1

The Target red card discount will apply online even if you pay the entire order with gift cards.  The check box to use the Target credit card needs to be checked, but none of the purchase needs to be paid with the credit card.  

From my experience, all major discount gift card resellers have both electronic and physical gift cards for most major retailers.  However, restaurant and specialty retail gift cards (including Lego) are always physical.  All the Lego gift cards I have found have been discounted 10%, but so far that is just one gift card website.

In my opinion, it is too cumbersome to determine the cost of a set including the discount on the gift card.  For example, I purchased 2 Lego sets at B&******.  They were different prices, and one was discounted the 10% member discount, and the I used a 20% coupon as well as the 10% member discount on the other.  I paid using discounted gift cards, some of which were discounted 17%, and one at 16%.  The question is which discount goes to which set?  What if you use three, four, or more gift cards with different discount percentages?  I have enough trouble keeping track of the cost based on the receipts, much less factoring in the discount on the gift cards.  Much too time consuming.  I keep the total discount on all gift cards in one account.  I have contemplated allocating the discount based on the ratio of the cost related to sales, and the inventory cost at year end.  I have not worked out all the details, but it seems to make sense.