New Partnership with Raise.com (Discount Gift Cards)

I am happy to announce that we were able to work out a deal with Raise.com (a discount gift card) website.  We noticed some of you have been using another service, but they really didn't reply to our messages.  Raise.com was happy to work with us and looks to have many of the retail shops that we talk about here covered.  Some of the deals will be e-codes that only work online and will be given to you quickly.  Others will be physical cards that are shipped out to you.  Regardless, this is a great way to shave another 5% or more off purchases.  Obviously we would like to keep this partnership and that only works if you guys use the links here to show them you want to use it.  The more that comes from us, the more opportunity there may be for us to get you deeper discounts or special offers. 

$5 off $75- New Customers Only

Code: RAISE75AF

Expires: 4/30

Exclusions: New customers only, cannot be used with additional coupons. 

Walmart gift cards: up to 3% off 

$89.11 for $91.73 

(With new customer promo code, price drops to $84.11 for $91.73)

Target gift cards: up to 5% off 

$95.04 for $100

$55.74 for $58.72

(With new customer promo code, price drops to $90.04 for $100)

Sears gift cards: up to 6% off 

$28.29 for $30

$84.87 for $90

(With new customer promo code, price drops to $79.87 for $90)

Barnes & Noble gift cards: up to 14% off

$43 for $50

$86 for $100

(With new customer promo code, price drops to $81 for $100)

Toys R Us gift cards: up to 7% off 

$46.78 for $50

$126.27 for $134.99

(With new customer promo code, price drops to $121.27 for $134.99)

There are more stores to pick from for sure.  All I ask is that you come here and find the banners that I wiill be posting to show them we appreciate their service and hopefully it will benefit you even more in the future.

• Like 6

I've used Raise as well, never had any problems except once and awhile I have to confirm my id (ordered too much). Their online gift cards usually arrive quickly, once got a B+****** card in about 2 minutes, once it took 24 hours, usually about an hour or two.

On a side note, explain how these gift card selling companies make money. My two theories

1. They buy gift cards from people at discounted rates and then resell

2. They partner with the companies to sell giftcards at a discount and the company kicks back a certain percent.

Either correct?

On a side note, explain how these gift card selling companies make money. My two theories

2. They partner with the companies to sell giftcards at a discount and the company kicks back a certain percent.

Either correct?

I think that option one is most viable. Almost all the companies out there have a link for buying your unwanted cards, which is why a lot of the cards are odd amounts. They are all just "flippers".

Guest eightbrick

Either correct?

1 is correct, you can buy and sell. (https://www.raise.com/how-it-works)

The gift card resale industry is in itself pretty shady. Lots of theft. People return stolen items to stores, get a merchandise credit or gift card, flip them to raise.com, cardpool, or any of the other couple dozens card resellers at a discount. Lots of issues with these resellers not paying for the cards you send them or it taking lots of emails to customer service and a couple months. I say email because very few of them even have a phone # to call. You also run the risk that the person selling the card keeps the card info and uses it online before you do. The resellers mitigate this by transferring to different cards but not always.

This doesn't apply to all transactions, I'm sure that a good percentage of gift cards being resold are totally legit. and I still buy discount gift cards and I havn't been burned yet, but you can't ignore the industries darkside.

The gift card resale industry is in itself pretty shady. Lots of theft. People return stolen items to stores, get a merchandise credit or gift card, flip them to raise.com, cardpool, or any of the other couple dozens card resellers at a discount. Lots of issues with these resellers not paying for the cards you send them or it taking lots of emails to customer service and a couple months. I say email because very few of them even have a phone # to call. You also run the risk that the person selling the card keeps the card info and uses it online before you do. The resellers mitigate this by transferring to different cards but not always.

This doesn't apply to all transactions, I'm sure that a good percentage of gift cards being resold are totally legit. and I still buy discount gift cards and I havn't been burned yet, but you can't ignore the industries darkside.

Good thing LEGO reselling and investing doesn't have a darkside... :twitch:

• Like 1

About target gift cards, do we get the 5% Perk discount if we use the gc like using ur redcards?

That's a good question, but even if you price it that even .01 goes on the Red Card you would be able to get the 5% discount.  I never tried it but would be interested to know if the Red Card 5% is just automatic.

I'm not sure if I'm seeing this right, but you can get a Restaurant.com $100 gift card for $4.50.  That seems like a smoking deal if you have places around that are listed there.

Always call a restaurant a head of time to make sure they accept the vouchers off restaurant.com.  There are a couple in my town that said they canceled their contract a couple years ago and restaurant.com still sells them.  It will save awkward moments if you ask the restaurant first rather than after you've dined :)

I'll definitely use the links here from now on, I usually use raise around holidays to turn my unwanted gift cards into useful gift cards.