Lego is a tool of Satan, warns Polish Priest

kangotti

I never thought I would have started a thread that would have this many posts. 

And you never used an M-80 on a GI joe or put a Cherry Bomb in a Hot Wheel?

We never played with M-80's either too expensive, can of gun power was way cheaper, and i never saw an M-80 blast a stump into the air. not that used used stumps for the Death Star going boom or anything.  nothing to see here, just keep moving 

• Like 1

There is no denying that the overall appearence of toys in general has changed dramically over history, especially the last 20-30years. It`s been a big boom. Don`t know if I agree fully with the Satanic reference, but the impression many toys give could understandably be linked to something like that. Definetly there is more "evil" in the world today than in years prior, and it`s on the increase. The clearest example I`d have would be halloween stores. Most of the stuff in there around October, my gosh, it`s ****ing awful, pardon my French, but it`s true. Interesting that the articale has a MF figure in it, link to Halloween perhaps?

We just built some more model rockets with our girls, was thinking of duck taping a go pro camera to one of them. 

They have some pretty neat cameras for RC planes nowadays.  You can almost use them like a drone and infiltrate almost anywhere to capture video.

We just built some more model rockets with our girls, was thinking of duck taping a go pro camera to one of them. 

When I was about 10 I saved my allowance for what seemed like months and bought a rocket that had a 110 camera built in, All I ever got were blurry shots of the sky. I felt like Ralphie with his decoder ring.

They make cheaper generic "Go-Pros", if you try that I would use one of them.

When I was about 10 I saved my allowance for what seemed like months and bought a rocket that had a 110 camera built in, All I ever got were blurry shots of the sky. I felt like Ralphie with his decoder ring.

They make cheaper generic "Go-Pros", if you try that I would use one of them.

No doubt! I would not use a nice camera for aerial shots.

Take the religious aspect from it.  Toys are meaner looking today than in the past.

I have noticed the same thing, I remember my childhood very well and the only times I have played any sort of aggressive parts was when I was hurting Saddam Hussein in the arm (during the golf war) with my fighter jets. Pretty much the rest of the time was happy, no killing or mutilation even though we did play cowboys and indians, it was a lot different.

Seeing my nephews play, there is a lot more aggression, I am not saying that they are growing up to be serial killers, but it certainly is different. Everything is against bad guys and they are a lot more desensitized at a young age, I remember watching the first Star Wars when I was 8 and I had to close my eyes for most of the intense scenes. Just last week, I saw my nephews of the same age watching harry potter and the half blood prince with a lake of zombies (inferi) and not batting an eye. 

I agree, and also allot more sexual. I just want my kids to have fun and not deal with grown up issues till they are in middle school at least. Kid should just be kids. 

Sad note: We have had to have the sex and the drug talk with are 2nd grader cause these are now happening at that level.  

A third grader in our elementary school is pregnant right now, I am glad I don't have a kid in the class that I have to explain things to. 

but it really takes off at 10, this is really kind of scary as a parent of 2 girls.

It is also scary as the parent of boys of that, or a bit older age. Granted, the girl has more trouble, but you still don't want to be the parent of the boy responsible.

I have noticed the same thing, I remember my childhood very well and the only times I have played any sort of aggressive parts was when I was hurting Saddam Hussein in the arm (during the golf war) with my fighter jets. Pretty much the rest of the time was happy, no killing or mutilation even though we did play cowboys and indians, it was a lot different.

Seeing my nephews play, there is a lot more aggression, I am not saying that they are growing up to be serial killers, but it certainly is different. Everything is against bad guys and they are a lot more desensitized at a young age, I remember watching the first Star Wars when I was 8 and I had to close my eyes for most of the intense scenes. Just last week, I saw my nephews of the same age watching harry potter and the half blood prince with a lake of zombies (inferi) and not batting an eye. 

Yes, I agree.  Whether the original story is legit or not I cannot say, but either way, kids today are exposed to many more negative elements and it affects them IMO.  The "meaner" LEGO faces are a subtle change, but a change nonetheless towards a more negative view of the world.  I am not trying to preach on a soap box here, I am no angel.  My email address contains the word "evil" and "666," so how can I admonish anyone?  

Yes, I agree.  Whether the original story is legit or not I cannot say, but either way, kids today are exposed to many more negative elements and it affects them IMO.  The "meaner" LEGO faces are a subtle change, but a change nonetheless towards a more negative view of the world.  I am not trying to preach on a soap box here, I am no angel.  My email address contains the word "evil" and "666," so how can I admonish anyone?  

I recommend using a trident, or send some of those flaming imps! Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question?  :shifty:

• Like 1

This thread makes me feel old as $#@.  

As an aside, I cannot help but wonder if those who abhor the Lego Monster theme (or anything else that's perceived as 'dark'), also go so far as to shield their precious, sweet, innocent offspring from the horrors of Halloween.  To think that we in North America have the gull to make light of the darker recesses that stem from our imagination.  Psh.  

Now where'd I put my devil's music?  It would go perfectly with my collection of devilish Lego toys.  Iron Maiden and the Vampyre Hearse baby!